ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT-ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolguy_83

Tier 2 ICT-ILR Query

Post by coolguy_83 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi All,
I extended my Tier 2 ICT in UK on March 2010 until Jan 2012. I moved to India on August 2010 and worked there until August 2011.
Then I came to UK using same visa on August 2011 and working with same employer in UK since then by extending from UK.
Being continuous resident for 5 years under Tier 2 ICT rules before April 2010, I am planning to apply ILR next month.
Can you please see my query below and guide me with your valuable advice?

I approached my employer about letter regarding continuing employment and salary details, they agreed to provide letter addressed to ‘To whomsoever may concern’ without mentioning the reason.
Is there any possibility UK V&I inform about my ILR application to my employer while in process ?
I believe UK V&I might contact only if any clarification needed.
I am planning to inform my employer only when the application is successful for internal reason.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT-ILR Query

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes, they might contact your employer.

You also need a letter that states about your absences and the letter also needs to say that you are still required 'for the foreseeable future'.

Did you tell your employer you needed a letter for something other than an HO application, i.e. a bank or mortgage?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi CR001,

I asked letter for long term family visitor visa and the standard format will have salary details and it will be mentioned as permanent position. The reason for the letter will not be in the content.

Sorry to repeat, will they enquire about each application or only when clarification or extra information required. Depends on that I am going to take a chance for the ILR.

Unfortunately if it gets rejected, will there be any problem on my current leave or any other consequence ?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:50 pm

HO might contact them, they might not. If you apply in person, likely that they won't contact them.
Unfortunately if it gets rejected, will there be any problem on my current leave or any other consequence ?
It won't affect your current visa if it is still valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks CR001. Gives a bit of confidence to move further.

If any of the members have experience of successful outcome on similar case, please share it across for the benefit of others.