ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS confirmation and Biometric receipt

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

IHS confirmation and Biometric receipt

Post by John Green » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm

These are among the supporting documents for the UK spouse visa.

Immigration Health Surcharge payment confirmation
Biometric confirmation receipt

Now, I attempted to pay the IHS. But WorldPay sent me an error message to try again later (payment service unavailable). But a few hours later, I received an email from them. That apparently the fee was being processed. (But let's hope I don't end up paying this IHS twice.). Their email to me was in the form of a "Transaction Confirmation" letter. It advised to retain for my records.

Is this email I received the payment confirmation document referred to above, the one that I print out for supporting documents? Or is there something else?

And this Biometric confirmation receipt. Is this emailed once the appointment centre has been paid at the time I pay also for the visa, so that she can print it out and take it there with supporting documents?

saim0204
Newly Registered

Re: IHS confirmation and Biometric receipt

Post by saim0204 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:49 am

the biometric confirmation receipt- this may be the same as the appointment confirmation. If you've applied using VISA4UK, you can access this there and print it off. My husband took it to his biometric appointment and it was accepted.

I'm not sure about the IHS confirmation email. I have printed it and including it in my supporting documents as it contains the IHS reference number.

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:15 am

Ah, I see. Yes, I have the appointment receipt.

What baffled me (and I read about this bio receipt on the internet) was that until my spouse first takes the biomateric proceedure in the appointments centre, how is she supposed to have the receipt? To show them when she goes to the office for the appointment? It made no sense.

This is the list of forms or receipts (NOT the supporting documents) I have listed.

I have all these:

Printed copy of VAF4A
Appendix 2 of VAF4A
Immigration Health Surcharge reference number and IHS payment confirmation
Visa4UK Appointment Confirmation
Visa fee receipt

If you think there is something missing, please advise.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:13 pm

What supporting documents are required for partner's applicant in pakistan submitting biometrics since all supporting documents the applicant's partner (sponsor) directly send to sheffield)??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:23 pm

seagul wrote:What supporting documents are required for partner's applicant in pakistan submitting biometrics since all supporting documents the applicant's partner (sponsor) directly send to sheffield)??
I submitted my biometrics at Islamabad two days ago. I was advised to take with me
Copy of online application
Vaf4a
Appendix 2
Recipes of appointment and visa fee payment

They only took my passports and online application scanned the barcode off it - asked me to submit biometrics and returned even that copy of online application to me

It's strange as sometimes they even asked for appendix 2 (read on forums)

Anyways hope it helps

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Why they ask about va4fa and appendix 2 form which the sponsor will send directly to sheffield?? Is it mandatory to submit both forms while making biometrics at centre in pakistan??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:44 am

seagul wrote:Why they ask about va4fa and appendix 2 form which the sponsor will send directly to sheffield?? Is it mandatory to submit both forms while making biometrics at centre in pakistan??
No need appendix 2 form . Applicant can make two copy of online form i.e one for herself and one for sponsor who will send form along with all supporting document to Sheffield . Its better to take the printed copy of online form along with receipt of fees and appointment confirmation when go for attending biometric..

Also they have updated Sheffield address on 15 july. Moderator need to change it in batley khan guide for Pakistani applicants

The address for supporting documentation to be sent to is:

Settlement applications
The Portergate – Level 1 (Home Office - UKVI)
257 Ecclesall Road
Sheffield
S11 8NX
United Kingdom

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:38 am

But whether bringing online printed form is mandatory to take to biometrics appointment when the receipt of fee payment is available? If its mandatory to take then can incomplete online printed form be acceptable while biometrics appointment?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 am

seagul wrote:But whether bringing online printed form is mandatory to take to biometrics appointment when the receipt of fee payment is available? If its mandatory to take then can incomplete online printed form be acceptable while biometrics appointment?
Dont know what you are talking about. You cannot pay fees and book appointment without completing the form. Complete the form and submit it is first stage before paying IHS/fees and booking appointment.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for your replies. So you mean that online form is called vaf4a which need to fill for paying fee and booking appointment and the same need to take to biometrics enrolment centre and appendix 2 can be filled by hand and not need for biometric enrolment purpose. Is it correct?

John Green

Post by John Green » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:51 am

This week, I paid the two sets of fees (IHS and visa) and the information from the appointment letter was read. The upshot is that this list should be correct, at least for Moldova:

Printed copy of VAF4A (dated and signed)
Appendix 2 of VAF4A (inlcudes Financial Requirement)
Immigration Health Surcharge reference number and IHS payment confirmation
Visa4UK Appointment Confirmation
Visa fee receipt

I do know that Americans, and perhaps others, have to send their supporting documents directly to Sheffield. Otherwise, and I know this for Moldova, you need to take all your documents, including supporting documents, to the appointments office on the day of the appointment.

In the case of the office in Moldova, I believe that they will either accept originals of documents. Where it is not necessary to take the originals, they accept copies of them, after first comparing them to the originals. So you need to take both the originals and documents together on the day.

The biometrics, including fingerprints, are also taken from the applicant on the day of the appointment. (Which is why she cannot take a biometrics receipt with her!)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:14 pm

yea john green different country have different procedure
seagul wrote:Thanks for your replies. So you mean that online form is called vaf4a which need to fill for paying fee and booking appointment and the same need to take to biometrics enrolment centre and appendix 2 can be filled by hand and not need for biometric enrolment purpose. Is it correct?
sure online form is VAF4A . You complete and submit it online then you will be able to go to next stage of booking appointment and paying fees and you will be able to print it at anytime once you submit it ..yes appendix 2 need to be filled by hand and it dont even ask for signature of applicant so you can do it on behalf of applicant and yes applicant dont need to take appendix 2 with them when go for biometric