ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I do biometric enrolment at Croydon office?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smb2015

Can I do biometric enrolment at Croydon office?

Post by smb2015 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello,

My biometric letter was issued on 16-July and it's almost now a week but I didn't got the letter, I assume it might have lost in post.
I have read some posts on immigrationboards and there it was mentioned we can do the biometric by directly walk in to Croydon office. Is it really the case ? Do they allow a direct walk in ?
If it was a delay from UKHO I would have waited for biometric letter but they are saying they issues it so that means it s delay in post and 4 working days is a long time I guess, normally they deliver the letter next day.
Any suggestions please, can I go to Croydon office for biometric enrollment ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I do biometric enrolment at Croydon office?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:47 pm

I has only been 3 working days since being issued and it is sent 2nd class mail. Suggest be patient and wait a few more days.

There is no walk in service at Croydon. You have to submit your biomtrics at the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smb2015

Post by smb2015 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks for reply. But even with 2nd class email you get the letter by 2nd or 3rd day. The royal mail quotes 3 days as due date for 2nd class. It's 4 days today which is what concerns me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Letter was put in the mail on 16th, a Saturday. How long it takes from the HO mail room to the post box is anyone's guess but likely only physically sent out on Monday to Royal Mail. Posties sort and arrange delivery from Monday night/Tuesday morning. Second class post take 3 to 5 days. Suggest wait a couple of days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijays4
Newly Registered

Post by vijays4 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 am

Hi smb2015,
I have a small query on how you were able to get the information of when the bio-metric letter was issued. Please could you share the details.

Thanks You.