ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for WHM visa while having job offer in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tinariver
Newly Registered

Applying for WHM visa while having job offer in UK

Post by tinariver » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I am going to apply for a WHM visa, but I do have a job in UK. I would want to get in to the UK and continue my job there. But I am confused here to how I should present my application for WHM. As I have read for WHM your main reason of going there should be holiday not the work.

I am not quite sure to how should I make my application. If I will tell them that I do have a job waiting for me there and that is the reason that I intend to go there would it gona put my case down? Or should I assure them my intension is of holiday not work…????

Please do give me an advice. Thanks in advance.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:38 pm

"I am going to apply for a WHM visa, but I do have a job in UK. I would want to get in to the UK and continue my job there..."

Do you mean you've been working in the UK previously? How come?

tinariver
Newly Registered

Post by tinariver » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Hello Rusty,

Well actually I have been in UK for last 4 years. First two years on study visa and then on Fresh Talent Scotland Scheme on which you are allowed to work. And my current job I have started in July 2007. as my leave was about to expire in Dec 2007, I have made an HSMP application to the Home Office, which was rejected. And I had to leave the country.

Now I am holding a permanent contract for my current job, and my employer wants me to come back to the Uk as soon as possible. I will be applying for the HSMP again but in my current situation it will gona take longer, nearly 4 to 5 months from now on. I don't want to be away from my work for that long. So I thought of considering the WHM visa to get in UK to carry on my job. And then I am planning to move on to the HSMP visa.

But I am not quite sure here that how should I present my case in order to be considered eligible for WHM visa. I do appreciate any comments you make on it. Thanks.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm

A Working Holiday Visa is not intended to secure the holder permanent employment or residence in the UK

I don't think I can help you further.

Sorry

touchsensor

WHM

Post by touchsensor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Do they give you a WHM EC when you have already been in the country for 4 years? Check this out.

P

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm

I don't think that are any restrictions not to have resided in the UK for WHM. However, it may raise doubts to the immigration officer of the intent in obtaining WHM. Therefore you need to providing a convincing reason in order to attain this visa.

If I was you I would tell the immigration officer that you were busy whilst in the UK studying/working. This didn't provide you an opportunity to tour extensively as much as you have liked. Hence, you believe WHM would be a perfect option as you can work part/full time and tour around this time you are in the UK....along this line....you know what I mean

Many thanks

tinariver
Newly Registered

HSMP

Post by tinariver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm

The situation has changed a bit and I am not willing to consider the WHM visa now. But I would rather want to go for HSMP visa.

I am currently waiting for my IELTS test date in order to be able to apply for HSMP visa, but my company has inquired that I can get the earlier date in UK for the test, which can speed up my HSMP application process. So they want me to come to UK on a visit visa or any other visa which I might get in this situation; for just to sit in for IELTS test there.

1.Can anybody suggest me that what visa would be suitable to get in to the UK in my current situation?

2.And if get visit visa then what statement should I make to the immigration officer in order to assure him that I intend to return back to my home country. This is just to make sure that I don’t get refused for visit visa.

Any suggestions to my current situation would be much appreciated. Thanks

tinariver
Newly Registered

Post by tinariver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm

one more question.

Would I be able to sit in the IELTS (Englisg Language Testing System) test in UK on visit visa???????????

Thanks

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:46 pm

1) You can take IELTS on a visitor visa

2) In your case, I would suggest a visitor visa- once you get HSMP approval, you can return home and change your visa status

tinariver
Newly Registered

Post by tinariver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks thirdwave

I have got one more Q.

For my HSMP application, I have to show the earnings of the 12 consecutive months from the last 15months. Now I have my current earnings from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007. Considering the worst case scenario, what would be the last date for my HSMP application to be in the Home Office, in order to get my earnings considered fine?

Thanks