ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) 10 years to 5 years DETAILS Please???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xdpdoctor
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) 10 years to 5 years DETAILS Please???

Post by xdpdoctor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:27 am

Hi everyone, I read a lot on this site, but steal need an experiensed advice.

My short history: for many years I lived in UK illegally after was refused an asylum application.
2,5 years ago I was granted 2,5 years visa as a parent of british child (my son is 7 and a British Citizen as his mum, we don't live together, but have regular contact and good relationship), FLR (O) qualifying under immigration rules with an Exception under the Appendix FM, on 10 years route, no public funds.
3 months ago I submitted and currently waiting for a decision on my FLR (FP) application to extend my parent of british child visa 10 years route. I thought, that I must follow 10 years route, but now I found out - " you can also switch to the 5 year route once you meet all the requirements".
I'm self employed on construction, working only for last 10 months and sometimes it is no work and no money coming to my account, but if count for 10 month it's approximately 20000 pound before expenses (enough for requirements).
Please answer my questions, if you have something to add please do.

1. Could I apply for 5 year route visa as a parent of a british child immediately after (?if?) I'll get 2,5 years visa extension on 10 years route or I need to wait until it's runout? Will NHS refound my 500 pounds Health surcharge if I'll get 5 years route visa or its lost money?
2. If I'll apply for 5 years route visa FLR (FP) as parent of british child and will get a REFUSE, does it mean my second 2,5 years visa on 10 years route will be canceled as well? Will be REFUSE to have any influence on my 2,5 years visa on 10 years route?
3. How my financial situation will be assessed, on what time period? How exactly it is calculated if my income inconsistent (some months I have $0 income)? Because I'm self employed, is it true that my income figure will be calculated after all my expenses taken out (technically it should be an official HMRC tax return for whole year)?
4. I have a Cambridge English language certificate B1 level under 2 years old, but now home office changed legislation and it is not on the accepted list any more. It is mentioned in application form but it have some condition attached to it and I'm not clear is it accepted, or I need to do the new english test they asking now?
Thank you in advance everyone who can help.
[/b]

Reus

Re: FLR(FP) 10 years to 5 years DETAILS Please???

Post by Reus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am

xdpdoctor, these are my opinions which are true most of the times.
1.u can apply to switch to 5yr route ANYTIME when uwas issued ur first time visa(10yr route) or ones that follow. udont have to wait for it run out. Not realistic but ucould apply even day after its issued.
Udont need to meet any money threshold to apply at any time but ull need to show ucan accomodate ur self and any dependants and not rely on public funds.
Yes ull need to meet the english requirements set by homeoffice currently.
Bear in mind that refusal on switching will not affect ur current 2.5 year(10yr route) visa provided after its decided to refuse u still have some months on it so ild adive u apply when u have more than a year left because if uwas to apply in a month to expiry and u did not meet the requirements then ucan be refused or issued wiv the same 2.5 year under 10yr route.
Remember KEY is meeting the requirements and ucan switch at anytime.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:33 am

I'm not convinced that you can switch as you have specifically been given leave as a parent of a British child on the 10 year route. If you were living with your partner (and qualified as an unmarried partner) you would be able to switch to FLR(M), but this doesn't appear to be the case.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

xdpdoctor
Newly Registered

Post by xdpdoctor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:56 am

Casa wrote:I'm not convinced that you can switch as you have specifically been given leave as a parent of a British child on the 10 year route. If you were living with your partner (and qualified as an unmarried partner) you would be able to switch to FLR(M), but this doesn't appear to be the case.
But by Home Office to qualify as a Parent I shouldn't be living together and be in a relationship with mother of child, only with a child; otherwise I'll be qualified only as a Partner not a Parent?..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:06 am

Which is why you've been granted a visa for the 10 year parent route to settlement. You don't appear to qualify to switch to any other category in order to shorten your time for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Reus

Post by Reus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:21 pm

hello casa'
i have recent seen a provision in the flr fp guidance which actually makes provision for parents on 10yr route to shorten their leave provided they make a valid application and meet requirements which will only be passing approved english test providing ucan accomodate urself and proof ur working.

xdpdoctor
Newly Registered

How switch current FLR(FP) application from 10 to 5year rout

Post by xdpdoctor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 am

Good day to everyone. Could somebody help me with technicality?
Currently I have an extension FLR(FP) as a parent application in progress (for 3 months) on 10 years route, but I realised that I could qualify for same visa but on 5 years route.
What exactly should I do? send extra payslips, bank statements, letter with request to change route on my current application...
Is it any official forms for it, should i pay any extra cost, or submit a new FLR(O) application because FLR(FP) as I understand only for extensions? is it (5 years route) gonna be an extension or new start from the point of application I need to fill up?
What should I do? Please help!!!

Obie
Ireland

Re: How switch current FLR(FP) application from 10 to 5year

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:14 pm

You need to write a letter , providing the extra documents needed for 5 years route , explain how you meet the 5 years route requirements, and forward to Sheffield.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lawahm1759
Newly Registered

Post by Lawahm1759 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Dear obie ,pardon me for contacting you directly on the forum ,i really dont know what to do anymore,i am currently on partner 10 years route,i and my partner are now separated ,and although i work i haven't been able to save up to switch like it was written in the letter that accompanied the visa when it was sent to me,my lawyer says i can either wait till it runs out ,or switch,Obie this is my problem,my baby mama says she wont help me sign the letter to say i am involved in my daughters life,and next day iss all nice and says she will support me,what are my options ,it will expire next year.please help

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:20 am

@Lawahm1759, answer these questions and lemme see what ican do to help.basically just confirm them.
1. u are currently on partners leave (10yr route)
how long have u been on it?
2. u two have broken up and not living together anymore?
3. how old is your child from the relationship
4. is ur child holding a british passport or lived here 7years
Now iassume the answer to most of the questions is YES, if then
1. if shes not agreeing to sign the letter ucan take her to court to get a contact order which is enough for ur application
2. u wud have to supply ur childs immigration status document to prove shes british or lived here 7 years
3. Do not and irepeat do not wait for it to run out before applying because when it gets refused uld very frustrated. Applying much earlier before ur expiry date eases off the pressure should it be refused and gives u time to plan ur next action unless ofc if ur extending.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLR FP 2nd extension

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I have got visa on basis of parent of british Child on FLR FP 2nd extension.

Applied in PEO 12 August
Application kept for further enquires

Received letter today that application been authorised.

Thanks everyone for guidance and prayers, best wishes you all.

Regards
Amjad

bukaro8
Newly Registered

How switch current FLR(FP) application from 10 to 5year rout

Post by bukaro8 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi there. Can you clarify this please. I have to extend my flr (fp) but I wonder where an applicant still has leave remaining under the 10 year parent route , and decides to switch to 5 years to shorten the route, but still qualifies to continue under the 10 year route; please clarify in the event the applicant does not meet the 5- year route but its decided to grant leave under the 10 year route,

a.) would the applicant start the 10 years route from scratch as in the 1st grant of leave

or

b.) would the applicant leave to remain continue on a 2nd term as was initially granted before switching to 5 year route i.e second period since it would be upto 4 periods to complete 120 months to qualify for ILR.

C.)in light of the above would the application be considered as invalid as it was made under the 5 years instead of 10 years.

Lawahm1759
Newly Registered

Post by Lawahm1759 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:11 am

Reus wrote:@Lawahm1759, answer these questions and lemme see what ican do to help.basically just confirm them.
1. u are currently on partners leave (10yr route)
how long have u been on it?
2. u two have broken up and not living together anymore?
3. how old is your child from the relationship
4. is ur child holding a british passport or lived here 7years
Now iassume the answer to most of the questions is YES, if then
1. if shes not agreeing to sign the letter ucan take her to court to get a contact order which is enough for ur application
2. u wud have to supply ur childs immigration status document to prove shes british or lived here 7 years
3. Do not and irepeat do not wait for it to run out before applying because when it gets refused uld very frustrated. Applying much earlier before ur expiry date eases off the pressure should it be refused and gives u time to plan ur next action unless ofc if ur extending.
Hi Reus,sorry if this dosent come out right.
i was granted 10 years march of 2015 ,(2.5 years ),i moved out in may ,her choice not mine as she was interested in claiming stuff that i didnt want any part in ,my child is 2.7 years ,my child is british based on the mother being a british .i really am grateful ,i will act as soon as possible.thanks again

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:06 am

Flr fp Extension from 10yrs to 5yrs

Application sent..... 13/06/2016.

application received ....14/06/16

Payment was taken out of account... 23/06/16.

Acknowledgment received ---- 09/07/2016 but dated 7/07/2016

Biometric letter received ---- 05/08/2016 but dated 3/08/2016

Biometric enrolled ---- 6/08/2016

Decision:-----still waiting
kept so long. due to this i have lost my job. what can i do?