ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! FLR(M) Document Check.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ladamcut
Newly Registered

Help! FLR(M) Document Check.

Post by Ladamcut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi all,

Soon I will go with my non-EU wife for her Further Leave to Remain appointment. We're on the 5 year route and we'll be applying for the second period of leave to remain. We will rely on our salaries as both meet the financial requirement individually. I've tried to work out what documents we need to bring but would really appreciate it if you could look and see if something is missing!

Application forms
1. FLR(M) Version 04/2016

General Documentation
1. Marriage Certificate (with certified translation into English)
2. IELTS Certificate (Score 8.5) - this has expired and is no longer a recognised test but I understand because we relied on it under the previous application it should be okay...
3. Applicant’s current passport
4. Applicant’s previous passport
5. UK Partner’s (me) current passport
6. UK Partner’s previous passport
7. 2 passport photos of applicant with full name written on back
8. 1 passport size photo of UK partner with full name written on back

Financial Requirement Evidence
1. 6 months payslips of applicant’s partner from employer where he has worked more than a year (gross income exceeds financial requirement). Payslips will be printed and accompanied by letter from employer confirming they are genuine.
2. 6 months payslips of applicant from employer where she has worked more than a year (gross income exceeds financial requirement). Payslips will be printed and accompanied by letter from employer confirming they are genuine.
3. A letter from the applicant’s partner’s employer who issued the payslips above
4. A letter from the applicant’s employer who issued the payslips above
5. Bank statements in both of names for six month period evidencing partner of applicant’s pay
6. Bank statements in applicant’s name for six month period evidencing applicant’s pay
7. P60 of both applicant and partner of applicant (though I understand these are not always necessary)

Evidence of relationship (more than 6 items to be on the safe side)
1. 2 x Council tax bills in joint names for the city we lived previously
2. 1 x Council tax bill in joint names for city we currently live in
3. 1 x energy bill in joint names for the city we lived previously
4. 2 x energy bill in joint names for the city we currently live in
5. 1 x water bill in joint names for the city we currently live in
6. 1 x tenancy agreement in joint names for the property we currently live in (this is owned by my step-father but we have an official tenancy agreement)
7. Several bank statements in joint names for additional evidence

That's it! If there's anything missing please tell me! When we applied for the first visa we submitted birthday cards we'd given each other and screenshots of Skype conversations but it doesn't seem this is required this time. Should we include this anyway?

Many thanks,

Leo

SoHopeful

Re: Help! FLR(M) Document Check.

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Looks as though you have covered everything. Just to add that this is the first application for leave to remain... first visa was an entry visa (assuming you married before your spouse came to the UK)... just in case you ticked the wrong box on the form.

Ladamcut
Newly Registered

Post by Ladamcut » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks so much for the reply SoHopeful! Really appreciate it as this is getting me so worried.

Section 2 is so confusing in the application form (we were married before coming to the UK). I called the Home Office who told me that for 2.2 I should answer is “yes” but for question 2.3 I should tick the box saying this is the second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

Does that seem right to you?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Personally, for 2.2 I've answered 'No' as the entry visa was the spouse of a settled person.
For 2.3 I selected 'first period of leave to remain' as this is the first FLR application we are making.

Ladamcut
Newly Registered

Post by Ladamcut » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:35 pm

I have to say I agree and this is what I thought as well. Perhaps the person I spoke to got it wrong. I hear this is quite common.

Have you already applied? Can I ask if you are also relying on a previous English test which is now expired? Once again the Home Office have told me this will be okay but if they can be wrong about the above they can be wrong about this too.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:52 pm

From what I've read over the years and some personal experience, those answering the phone are not the ones reviewing applications so I don't even bother calling Home Office/embassy with specific questions about applications.

My husband is from Jamaica so no need to meet the English requirement. Hopefully someone can confirm.
Our PEO appointment is Aug 2nd.