ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby -UK passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madhav.dadi

New born baby -UK passport

Post by madhav.dadi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi,

I have ILR visa and my wife FLR(M) dependent. I am expecting baby next week so is the baby eligible for UK Passport straightaway?. if not need to apply for naturalization first and then UK passport?.

Thanks,
Madhav

noajthan

Re: New born baby -UK passport

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Baby can shoot for passport if she has the foresight to be born in UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Re: New born baby -UK passport

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:09 am

If child is born in UK
  • S/he is eligible for a British passport straightway.
If child is born abroad
  • His/her UK immigration status will be in line with the less-privileged parent, in this case the mother. So, the child will also need to apply for an FLR(M) visa, will be eligible for ILR with the mother and will be eligible for registration (not naturalisation) as a British citizen when one parent has British citizenship and the other has ILR.

You would also need to show a minimum salary of £22400 for the FLR(M) application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.