ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (ICT) settlement in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buggy81
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (ICT) settlement in UK

Post by Buggy81 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am on a long term Tier 2 (ICT), which is granted in the month of May 2014. Previously, I had Tier1 HSMP Visa which was granted in the year 2008, however I couldn't travel due to personal reasons.

I would like to know, are there any options of settlement.

Thank you very much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (ICT) settlement in UK

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:44 am

The previous 'unused' visa won't have started your immigration 'clock' and won't qualify when calculating the period for settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 (ICT) settlement in UK

Post by poper » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Buggy81 wrote:Hi,

I am on a long term Tier 2 (ICT), which is granted in the month of May 2014. Previously, I had Tier1 HSMP Visa which was granted in the year 2008, however I couldn't travel due to personal reasons.

I would like to know, are there any options of settlement.
Not many I am afraid apart from Tier 2 General for which you will need a 12 month cool off period. Your spouse(if you have one) can look for Tier 2 General sponsorship.
Settlement options have been made very difficult now. Maybe try another country.

Thank you very much.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.