ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS for British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mschauhan

Expired IELTS for British Naturalisation

Post by mschauhan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:56 am

Kindly advice me about my problem. I am on HSMP Judicial Review Visa and got my ILR in August 2013. At that time I wasn't required to give Life in UK or English Test. I am applying for British Naturalization now. I have an IELTS Certificate From Pakistan with 6 Band but was done back in 2007.

I don't know if its still valid for my British Naturalization application though i have the original certificate with me. Kindly Guide if you have any Updated info on this topic.

I shall be highly obliged.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Expired IELTS for British Naturalisation

Post by ohara » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:02 am

Almost certainly not.

Do you have a UK degree or a foreign one taught in English? If not, you will need to do a SELT at B1 level or higher from an approved provider at an approved test centre.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

As you can see there are only 21 test centres in the UK where you can do it.

https://www.trinityselt.co.uk/

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location

Trinity College is somewhat cheaper than IELTS too.

ni_uk
Newly Registered

Post by ni_uk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:33 am

If that IELTS (which is expired now) has been used in any of the previous applications then it would be fine. If it is not used in any of the previous applications then it is not valid.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:44 pm

ni_uk wrote:If that IELTS (which is expired now) has been used in any of the previous applications then it would be fine. If it is not used in any of the previous applications then it is not valid.
Not unless the expired IELTS was used for ILR after 28 October 2013.

The OP will need to take a new English B1 test from the current list.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mschauhan

Post by mschauhan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks everyone. This forum is always been great and consists of nice and helping individuals like you guys. I booked GESE Level 5 with trinity college London. Seems very simple conversational exam. Have good hope to clear that in first attempt.

Thanks again for advise and cooperation.