ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benifits and savings

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

housing benifits and savings

Post by yasman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi I want to get some information about housing benifits.I am paying rent now for a flat owned by private landlord.My wife and two kids are also living with me.I have no savings and my salary is 1200/month .my wife is also working she has some saving in her account.Do I need to show only my saving and salary because I am applying or both of us shows salary and savings.
How much maximum saving we could have to claim housing benfits.as single or as couple?
I s there any way that just only i apply because I have no saving and resposible for rent etc.Or any other advice please.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: housing benifits and savings

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Your joint income & savings must be declared when claiming housing benefit. Your local authority will be able to tell you the permitted level of savings. I you withhold information or make a false claim you could be prosecuted for benefit fraud.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Re: housing benifits and savings

Post by pulleyns » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:01 am

Anyone on low income and don't have savings up to 16k can apply for the housing benefit and you have to declare both income and savings.

Secondly local authorities do check your monthly income each month from HMRC or ask you to send pay slip each month if one don't have permanent income which varies each month.