ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change job during an EEA PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

Change job during an EEA PR application

Post by Angie77 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello,

does anyone know if I need to let the home office know that I change job as I have applied for EEa pr last month?
I could not find any information in their website neither an email to notify this type of change.

noajthan

Re: Change job during an EEA PR application

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes you do as caseworker may call employer.
Just write to HO.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:19 pm

but why would it matter for PR application? only 5years matter which must have already passed before applying. It shouldn't really matter it EUnational is still QP after 5years of TR

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:36 pm

buktais wrote:but why would it matter for PR application? only 5years matter which must have already passed before applying. It shouldn't really matter it EUnational is still QP after 5years of TR
Its still a material change.
It could involve a change of category of qualified person.
Refusals have been reported when an employer chooses not to vouch for supposed employees (ex-employees).
And PR status is not confirmed until HO has confirmed it.

From current PR form:
I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:49 am

noajthan wrote:
buktais wrote:but why would it matter for PR application? only 5years matter which must have already passed before applying. It shouldn't really matter it EUnational is still QP after 5years of TR
Its still a material change.
It could involve a change of category of qualified person.
Refusals have been reported when an employer chooses not to vouch for supposed employees (ex-employees).
And PR status is not confirmed until HO has confirmed it.

From current PR form:
I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office.
I am not sure about that, in my case I applied based on a qualifying period of 2004 to 2009. A change of job in 2016 is not material nor relevant to my application.

In any case, no harm writing to the same address you originally sent the form, with your case number (if they bothered to email you) indicating the change of job. You don't want to give them any excuse to refuse your application.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:00 pm

does anyone know if possible to email them rather than write a letter ? I cannot find an email address to send this notification.