ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOUTH AFRICAN PLZ HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisalamir50
Newly Registered

SOUTH AFRICAN PLZ HELP

Post by faisalamir50 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi there after alot of research i have come into this forum basically i am a south african national and so is my mrs's, now i also have two children one is 3, and the other is 2, i was alright and setlled in SA with good income, i have come to the UK six times in the last 10 years to visit most of my family in uk, i have 2 sisters and 2 brothers (british nationals) and my parents which are now on ILR, basically for the past 2 years i have not been financhially strrong and am financially dependant on all my family in the UK, they have been continoiusly sending me money for the past 2 years, apart from that i have been hijacked a couple of times in south africa as well as having many roberies, i have now come to the UK on a visit and my family in UK wants me and my dependands to settle in the UK with them so that i can work and afford me own costs, can you please tell me how i can settle in the UK or Extend Visa, i have researched and looked at some options but don't know which one is right for me, my wife's profession is a midwife trainee which she has left and owned a audio shop, please can someone email me on faisalamir50@yahoo.com giving me some options, my family in uk is willing to spend max money to get me settled in UK or an Extension Visa, can someone please give me advice urgently and give me an option which less risky and there is atlease 60 - 80% chance of my application being successful thanks

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 pm

OK, here it is your reality check!
You have a few options, which I will list in order.

1st ancestral visa all you need is a Granparent to have been born in the UK.

Work permit, not so easy but if your wife is a quailfied midwife she should be able to secure a job with NHS and you would then come along as a dependant.

Lastly HSM(Highly Skilled Migrant) ie Dentist,Medical Doctors, ect

Good luck

ci07jjs

Re: SOUTH AFRICAN PLZ HELP

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:41 pm

faisalamir50 wrote: faisalamir50@yahoo.com giving me some options, my family in uk is willing to spend max money to get me settled in UK or an Extension Visa,
depends how much are they willing to give you? Business startup visa can be an option but would literally cost well over 200,000 GBP.

Do you or your wife have any british ancestry? if so, and can prove this you can apply for a british passport.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Is ancestry enough to obtain a british passport straight away?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:37 pm

No, it gives you an ancestry visa.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Paul, I'm very suprised at your question.
Everyone does thier time, 6years and pays vast amounts of money in the process, even Ancestral visa holders!

faisalamir50
Newly Registered

Thanks further advice needed

Post by faisalamir50 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi everyone thanks for your advice no i cannot apply for ancestry visa as neither grandparents were born in the UK but now i need some work permit advise please what does the person mean wen he said secure a job with NHS , will NHS allow me to do this as i am on a visitor visa and will have to switch can u plz let me know asap thanks

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: SOUTH AFRICAN PLZ HELP

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:46 pm

ci07jjs wrote:Do you or your wife have any british ancestry? if so, and can prove this you can apply for a british passport.
I was responding to the above, i.e. Proof of ancestry = british passport.

Nothing meant towards ancestry visa holders. 8)

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Hello
faisalamir50 wrote:i have now come to the UK on a visit and my family in UK wants me and my dependands to settle in the UK with them so that i can work

faisalamir50 wrote:i need some work permit advise please what does the person mean wen he said secure a job with NHS , will NHS allow me to do
You could look for a job, or your wife could. If you find a vacancy where the employer is willing to apply for a work permit for either of you then get them to do that. You would almost certainly have to return to South Africa to get entry clearance to return as a work permit holder and dependents.

There is additional training called the Overseas Nurses Programme for some nurses/midwives who have qualified overseas. You would need to look at the NMCwebsite for more info about that.

See the BIA workpermit page

You or your wife may qualify for HSMP

It is very hard to switch from a visitor into any other category, you would have to go back and apply again for entry clearance. It is very hard to extend a visitors visa.

Regards