ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC Employment History...!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_boy

HMRC Employment History...!!!

Post by uk_boy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Gurus,

I called up HMRC and got my Employment History for the last six years. I have worked for 3 different companies as a Contractor in the last six years. The empoyement history from HMRC has the name of my Limited company for all the employment and taxes paid on their records, and not the name of all the companies I had worked before.

So, gurus is it okey to have the name of the ltd compnay on HMRC Records or they should have the name of the companies I work for as a contractor.

Also, on the AN Form under employment history, under 'Employer Name' should i just mentioned the name of my 'Limited Company' or the details of all the three companies that i had worked before. Please advise on this.

So, one date for the limited company from 2010 - 2016

Thanks for all ur help in advance.

Regards...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HMRC Employment History...!!!

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:29 pm

If you were contracting through your Ltd company and 'invoicing' them, then yes its fine, provided your tax affairs are all in order. You were not employed by each company, ie. on their PAYE payroll.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for being super quick with your reply CR001...appreciat it buddy..

Can you kindly advise what do you mean when you say Invoicing them.

Well, I would sign the employmet contract with the hiring agency, i.e., HAYS and would work for their client. At the end of the month I invoice my Agency [i.e, HAYS] and they transfer the money into my business bank account, and I withdraw some money as salray and dividend, as laid out by my accountant. Hope this is what you mean CR001.

So, I was confused if I need to put the employment details of the hiring agency i.e., HAYS or my Ltd company.

So, can i put something like this, as mentioned below:

From To Occupation Employer_Name Employer_Address
2010 2016 IT Consultant Ltd Company Name Ltd Company Address

Also, the ltd company address is on my house address, is this fine and i can put my house address, or should i use my accountant addresss.

Please advise..

Regards...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Yes, you are/were employed by your limited company.

Your employer is the entity that pays you salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.