ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience share: application for Romania residence

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Experience share: application for Romania residence

Post by RoselovesRomania » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello,

I have benefitted a lot from immigrationboards, so now I'd like to contribute. Hope it'll help whoever might need it.

I am non-EU citizen, married to Romanian citizen, and have recently relocated to Romania. I arrived in Romania on schengen visa. Here are the documents I have submitted:

Documents from applicant (non-EU)
1. Passport, including visa page
2. Transcribed marriage certificate (as we married outside Romania)
3. Health certificate from a Romanian doctor
4. Medical insurance
5. Tax payment

Documents from spouse (Romania citizen)
1. ID
2. House property/contract

All the documents above need copies. At the immigration office, both the applicant and the spouse need to complete several forms. Once the the application is submitted, you get a receipt of application and just need to wait for 30 days onwards until the residency permit is ready.

When I applied, I had less than 30 days left for my schengen visa, which made me extremely worried that I might be asked to leave the country. But it's fine. As long as I have applied, I am allowed to stay in the country while waiting for the permit.

Above was my experience of the application. Now I'm waiting for it and enjoying Romania at the same time. Hope it's gonna be ready soon. If you would like to know about details of the documents or the process, you are welcome to comment, and hopefully I can reply fast.

Regards,
Rose :D

noajthan

Re: Experience share: application for Romania residence

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks for sharing.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 pm

I am confused abit, arent u suppose to do an interview as well? After the application you would receive a letter for the interview date.

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Post by RoselovesRomania » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 pm

emmasu wrote:I am confused abit, arent u suppose to do an interview as well? After the application you would receive a letter for the interview date.
I haven't received such letter. I don't know if I'm going to get one, although me and my husband are thinking that they might pay a visit all of a sudden. :shock: When we were at the office doing our application, the head officer was actually asking some questions, trying to see if there's anything suspicious.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Thats how i did it. After you put in all the papers, you will get a letter in the mail for your interview date. We took photos of us and also a translator cuz i didnt know Romanian at the time. Then i got another letter in the mail to go and pick up my card. They did say in the interview that they might visit us at home and what not, but nobody came in the past 5 yrs :lol:

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Post by RoselovesRomania » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 pm

emmasu wrote:Thats how i did it. After you put in all the papers, you will get a letter in the mail for your interview date. We took photos of us and also a translator cuz i didnt know Romanian at the time. Then i got another letter in the mail to go and pick up my card. They did say in the interview that they might visit us at home and what not, but nobody came in the past 5 yrs :lol:
:D On one hand, they'd better not come and visit us, which saves the trouble. On the other, I kind of look forward to such interview. Just want to experience it.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:44 pm

RoselovesRomania wrote:
emmasu wrote:Thats how i did it. After you put in all the papers, you will get a letter in the mail for your interview date. We took photos of us and also a translator cuz i didnt know Romanian at the time. Then i got another letter in the mail to go and pick up my card. They did say in the interview that they might visit us at home and what not, but nobody came in the past 5 yrs :lol:
:D On one hand, they'd better not come and visit us, which saves the trouble. On the other, I kind of look forward to such interview. Just want to experience it.
Did u apply in Bucharest? Our interview was the shortest interview ever. We were suppose to do it separately but the guy invited us both together. Talked for like 5 mins. We paid for the translator and we didnt get to use her at all. :lol:

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Post by RoselovesRomania » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:52 pm

emmasu wrote: Did u apply in Bucharest? Our interview was the shortest interview ever. We were suppose to do it separately but the guy invited us both together. Talked for like 5 mins. We paid for the translator and we didnt get to use her at all. :lol:
haha, very short indeed. We applied in Mures.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 pm

RoselovesRomania wrote:
emmasu wrote: Did u apply in Bucharest? Our interview was the shortest interview ever. We were suppose to do it separately but the guy invited us both together. Talked for like 5 mins. We paid for the translator and we didnt get to use her at all. :lol:
haha, very short indeed. We applied in Mures.
Maybe its even better in Targu Mures

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Post by RoselovesRomania » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 am

emmasu wrote:Maybe its even better in Targu Mures
yes, Targu Mures, in Mures county.

karimdu
Newly Registered

Post by karimdu » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 am

Thank you very much for sharing your experience
I would like to ask about how long it ll take to submit the documents and from where you get the health insurance and do i need to pay taxes before i ll apply . Did they call you for an interview and did they visit you home because my wife is living in france and i want to apply for residency she can come only one day like i ll prepare all the documents and she ll come for one day or two just to apply and she ll go back to France
I m looking forward for your answer
Thank you in a advance

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Post by RoselovesRomania » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 am

karimdu wrote:Thank you very much for sharing your experience
I would like to ask about how long it ll take to submit the documents and from where you get the health insurance and do i need to pay taxes before i ll apply . Did they call you for an interview and did they visit you home because my wife is living in france and i want to apply for residency she can come only one day like i ll prepare all the documents and she ll come for one day or two just to apply and she ll go back to France
I m looking forward for your answer
Thank you in a advance
Hi karimdu. Firstly I want to say that if your wife doesn't live in Romania, it's not recommended to apply. They would come to visit you anytime within a month of your application. I applied in Targu Mures. Maybe there are other cities where you know the exact date when they visit you. Another thing is that after your wife gets the residence, she needs to report to immigration office once she gets a job in Romania. So if your wife goes back to France, I don't know how it'll affect her right of residence. Do you mind me asking why you want to apply for Romanian residence if your wife is already living in EU country? I don't see the benefit of it.

Regarding documents, it took us more than a week, because we had to transcribe our marriage certificate first. We got married outside Romania, and not in a Romanian embassy. So I had to provide all the supporting documents, including my birth certificate, proof of single status, declaration that I wish to follow Romanian marriage law, etc. And all those documents need to be translated into Romania and legalised. So, you if don't have to do the same thing, that's great. If you were married outside like me, it does take a lot of effort.

I got the health insurance in a random insurance shop in Romania. It's a basic health insurance for tourists somehow, as it only needs my passport and it's cheap. I think if your wife is living in France, a health insurance that covers all Europe should also be fine. And yes, you'll need to pay tax. I think we went to Czech Bank to pay for this tax of residency permission. These documents are fast to prepare. 1-2 days are enough.

Generally, there are many documents to prepare for this application. It's not the most straightforward and simple experience. It's always good to call the office where you're going to apply, as each office might differ in requirements.