ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) - Dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 (General) - Dependent visa

Post by autoenthu » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi,

I'm having a court marriage with my fiance in Sept'16. And we are having a traditional marriage in Dec'16 (due to holidays, etc). But she wants to come over a month after the court marriage in Sept, so if she applies in Sept, hopefully she should be here by Oct.

Now, I've read a lot of posts about people submitting Whatsapp, Skype, etc evidence. I understand that this is for UKBA checks, but it seems a bit over the top to me. My questions:

1. I have some engagement pictures. Can I submit those with court marriage pictures? Since the traditional marriage is in December, I don't have any 'grand' pictures. Are court pictures in 'not so grand' clothes ok?

2. Is there any official requirement from UKBA to submit Whatsapp, Skype, etc evidence? Do people actually get rejected if they don't submit such evidence?

Thanks

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) - Dependent visa

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:55 am

Hi,

Can anyone help out with the queries above please?

@Manci, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:03 am

Is this a fiancee visa application (from the context of your post) or a dependent visa (from the topic title)?

Plenty of members are rejected for fiancee visas for not demonstrating a viable relationship,
Pictures and chat logs (etc) are simply taken as a part of that evidence.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:15 am

noajthan wrote:Is this a fiancee visa application (from the context of your post) or a dependent visa (from the topic title)?

Plenty of members are rejected for fiancee visas for not demonstrating a viable relationship,
Pictures and chat logs (etc) are simply taken as a part of that evidence.
Hi,
No, it is a dependent visa application. Since she will apply after the court marriage, she will not be only my fiancé. My main question/context was do I need to submit chats and pictures even after I have the court marriage certificate (since a lot of members seem to have done that inspite of being married).

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 am

It is recommended based on the recent rejections of such cases by HO.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:51 am

moonlight55 wrote:It is recommended based on the recent rejections of such cases by HO.
Ok but is it ok to submit court marriage pictures or is it supposed to look like a proper marriage? Does that also mean we need to wear traditional clothes, since I was just planning to wear Western formals?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 am

Court marriage pics should be fine. However, in that case you should also plan to submit chat records, phone records etc to add weight to your application.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 am

moonlight55 wrote:Court marriage pics should be fine. However, in that case you should also plan to submit chat records, phone records etc to add weight to your application.
Ok, thanks!