ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaration of self-sufficiency vs. bank statements as proof

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tuutikki
Newly Registered

Declaration of self-sufficiency vs. bank statements as proof

Post by tuutikki » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:44 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question about providing proof of self-sufficiency as a student. I have been unable to obtain bank statement for three of the years I'm applying based on (closed account from years ago). I however have a letter from my home country's government agency saying they've provided me with a grant, plus a letter from a parent declaring that they have helped me financially. Do you think in addition to this I should get a notary to sign a declaration of self-sufficiency for me (as listed in the types of proof they want) as I don't have bank statements to show the actual money in my account for the whole 5-year period? If so, is this "weaker" proof than bank statements? (I'm asking cos it seems a bit odd to just write a declaration and pay someone who doesn't know anything about your circumstances to counter sign it...)

Also, I have a double-barrel first name but in the UK I just go by the first part of that name as it's easier for people to say and write. Some of my documentation features the whole double-barrel name and some just the first part. Do you think this matters? Should I maybe mention this in the cover letter or in the section asking if I'm known by any other name?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

tuutikki
Newly Registered

Re: Declaration of self-sufficiency vs. bank statements as p

Post by tuutikki » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:33 am

Anyone..? I'm almost done with the application, it's just these two things that I'm unsure about and want to make sure there's no room for rejection of course. :)