ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent visa - urgent query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

set223
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent visa - urgent query

Post by set223 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi All,

My first tier 2 visa was due by 01 OCT 2016, so I wanted extend my visa early now in July and bring my wife here.

My tier 2 general extension upto 3 years got approved on 20 July 2016 but granted valid UNTIL 15 OCT 2019 :)

Now this is more than 3 years,

1. Now can I just apply for upto 3 year visa for my wife, even though my end date 3.3 yrs (visa applied was upto 3 yrs though) ?
2. Or should I have to apply for more than 3 years for my wife ?

Thanks a lot

bluegrass
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa - urgent query

Post by bluegrass » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:59 pm

As your wife will be your dependent, her visa duration is going to be similar to yours i.e. if she will be granted visa, it will expire on 15 Oct 2019. So answer to 1 is no you cant apply for her visa for less than your visa duration. Answer for 2 is yes you have to apply for more than 3 years visa if you apply now.

set223
Newly Registered

Post by set223 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 am

I just checked with the help center and they mentioned it is not mandatory that your dependent's visa end date has to be same as yours, just that dependant's end date can not be later than the main applicants end date

white_wolf29
Newly Registered

Post by white_wolf29 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:52 am

good day mate,

can you please kindly direct me on this "help center" you mentioned....Thanks in advance

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:28 am

simple way to find out is, by knowing how much u paid for your extension? If you paid for less than 3 years, then she pays the same.
What i think has happened is as below
Your employer could issue a cos with 3 years duration with a start date of 3 months in future. he did that, u applied for visa and visa given in line with the dates on your cos. Hence it is a less than 3 years extension.