ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to amend my certificate?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: Do I need to amend my certificate?

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:49 pm

unsure wrote:I'll just do what my solicitor advises and just amend the damn certificate.

Realistically it will probably take 6 months for them to do it for me...so that will be 6 months of me in constant anxiety. :x
You are going round in circles.
I asked a solicitor about it and she told me that I dont even need the certificate of Registration anymore and I should cancel my request.
How can you trust a solicitor's mixed advice, or the helpline's mixed messages (or us in this forum for that matter).

You have spent nearly 2 weeks on this matter already.

For a concrete answer, go to the source: ask HO in writing.
It will take 30 minutes to write plus the cost of a stamp.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

unsure

Post by unsure » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm

My solicitor advised me i can do a deed poll which will revert my name back to how it is in the misspelled certificate of registration. Or amend the certificate. Or do nothing.

She highly suggests I do the amendment. I'll just do that...and live 6 months of waiting in anxiety. I'll ask my doctor for some medicinrs for this

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:08 pm

unsure wrote:My solicitor advised me i can do a deed poll which will revert my name back to how it is in the misspelled certificate of registration. Or amend the certificate. Or do nothing.

She highly suggests I do the amendment. I'll just do that...and live 6 months of waiting in anxiety. I'll ask my doctor for some medicinrs for this
If that is the same solicitor who advised a registration certificate is now just a redundant piece of paper I would change solicitor.

That seems most bizarre and illogical advice if it is the wrong name.

I cannot comment on medical matters.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

unsure

Post by unsure » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:03 pm

The worst case scenario is I get prison and my citizenship gets revoked which means I'll become stateless alien ufo in a British prison.

My life is over. I give up.

I'll just give it all to the solicitor and she can do whatever she wants.

unsure

Post by unsure » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:19 pm

I just sent a detailed query to a passport searching team About these anomolies. I already know I am screwed so idk

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:25 am

It would be unreasonable to hold you responsible for a spelling mistake on a registration certificate that was issued to you when you were 10 years old.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

unsure

Post by unsure » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:23 am

My solicitor has sent my request today to the HO

I think I'm going to regret this. The passport office told me I can just do a deed poll.

I don't want to wait months for the HO to change one single letter on a certificate I hardly ever look at.

I'm going to wait 3 months if I get nothing I will withdraw this request.

unsure

Post by unsure » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Hello everyone.

I have received my amended certificate. It only took 2 weeks.

They amended the main bit on my first name which was the letter E to an I

But they did not add a hyphen on my surname. Is a hyphen important?

It's on my British passport, drivers license. I called the home office the guy told me a hyphen is a cosmetic thing and I should ask the passport office about it.

I called the passport office, the lady told me I shouldn't worry about the hyphen.

What do I do?