ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - BRP not arrived yet

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunsk
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - BRP not arrived yet

Post by arunsk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi All,

Spouse visa for my wife is approved and she entered UK (23rd July) however the BRP card has not arrived at the post office. According to the decision letter it is available for collection from 14 July 2016. As you all know we need to collect this within 10 days of arriving into UK, according to the letter if we don't collect within that time it says there could be financial penalty or reduction or cancellation of leave.

I am planning to wait one more day and then contact Home office, just wondering what happens if 10 day limit crosses before the card arrives, could you share your thoughts?

regards
Arun

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - BRP not arrived yet

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:15 pm

You should report the non-arrival of your BRP in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

arunsk
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - BRP not arrived yet

Post by arunsk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 pm

We collected BRP.
It looks like the trigger to print and dispatch BRP is when you enter UK and clear immigration which makes sense, so even though the decision letter says that your card will be available for collection from xx-xx-xxxx date, it is not completely true.