ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two questions re form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giruzz

Two questions re form AN

Post by giruzz » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:06 am

Hello,

I'm about to apply for citizenship and I wanted to check two small points because I'm not sure if I'm completing the AN form correctly.
  • Q 1.2 - Current passport/travel document number

I'm applying using my Italian national ID (not my passport). Shall I fill this entry using my Italian ID number or shall I still put the details of my Italian passport?
  • 5. Referees and Identity

Re one of the referees, the form says 'One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application)'. There is a separate file that lists all the acceptable professions, this list includes 'Bank/building society official' - is that restricted in any way? I mean, can any Bank's employee sign? Should it be an authorized signatory for the bank?

The reason why I am asking is simply due to the fact that I work for an American bank in London and I could get one of the guys in my team to sign...
Any help on the wo questions will be much appreciated,

thanks,
giruzz

vinny

Re: Two questions re form AN

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:16 am

1 Probably want your Passport.
2 Accepted Professions.

Don't forget confirmation of PR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Two questions re form AN

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:20 am

Suggest using NCS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.