ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrissy1
Newly Registered

Urgent advice needed

Post by chrissy1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Hiya,
Very briefly my boyfriend was removed from the country 5 months ago after being refused asylum. He is Albanian. He is applying for a visitor visa to come and stay with me for six months (we know he has next to no chance of getting this but we are trying anyway). We cannot apply for a fiance visa because I am still married. We thought we had all the relevant documents and information ready for his interview which is next week on the 22nd but today he has rung me in a panic because he has been informed that there are other things he needs. We thought that all he needed was his passport, a copy of my passport, his birth certificate, his bank statements (as he will be supporting himself financially) and an invitation from myself stating our relationship etc... as well as proof of our relationship. Now he tells me he needs a copy of my passport signed by a solicitor, contract of my employment plus my wage slips and proof of where he will be staying when he comes here, all signed by a solicitor. If he comes here he will be staying with me in my mum's home so how can I show proof of this? Also, how do I get these things signed by a solicitor? Do I have to make a special appointment because as you can see I must get these things sent to him in the next two days. Please help.

xhesika

Re: Urgent advice needed

Post by xhesika » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:11 pm

chrissy1 wrote:Hiya,
Very briefly my boyfriend was removed from the country 5 months ago after being refused asylum. He is Albanian. He is applying for a visitor visa to come and stay with me for six months (we know he has next to no chance of getting this but we are trying anyway). We cannot apply for a fiance visa because I am still married. We thought we had all the relevant documents and information ready for his interview which is next week on the 22nd but today he has rung me in a panic because he has been informed that there are other things he needs. We thought that all he needed was his passport, a copy of my passport, his birth certificate, his bank statements (as he will be supporting himself financially) and an invitation from myself stating our relationship etc... as well as proof of our relationship. Now he tells me he needs a copy of my passport signed by a solicitor, contract of my employment plus my wage slips and proof of where he will be staying when he comes here, all signed by a solicitor. If he comes here he will be staying with me in my mum's home so how can I show proof of this? Also, how do I get these things signed by a solicitor? Do I have to make a special appointment because as you can see I must get these things sent to him in the next two days. Please help.
yes its all changed! you need your passport copy certified by a solicitor + everything else must be either original or certified................you should get a letter from your mum saying you will be staying there or letter from her landlord saying its ok with them that you both stay there + a copy of tenancy/mortgage agreement.
For the employment bit..................just send a copy of a contract if you have one, if not get your employer to write a letter saying your current salary, how long you been there etc and just provide your bank statements in with it all.

I am going to be honest with you.....your boyfriend has virtually no chance of getting this visa, he claimed asylum
(WAS THIS UNDER HIS REAL NATIONALITY AND IDENTITY?) + was then removed, now he wants to apply for a visit visa, the embassy will probably look at it with wide eyes and say its refused cos they dont believe he will return to albania + the money in his bank account is not his or it was illegally earned in uk! <<<<<< IVE BEEN THERE THREE TIMES with my ALBANIAN husband, he has been refused 3times now, once was when we werent married (visit visa) next was when we were married (family visit visa) and third was just a month ago ( settlement for uk) ALL HAVE BEEN REFUSED,,,,,I hate this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that you have every success going but with these situations you have to be strong, dont let it rip you apart, hopefully in the end everything will be ok. who is your boyfriend>where is he from in albania>>>?

good luck hun xxx
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT

chrissy1
Newly Registered

Post by chrissy1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:45 pm

Thabk you for your reply. I have sent you a pm
xx

clairey

Post by clairey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:49 am

Yep, British embassy in Tirana will only accept original documents or certified copies now. The refusal rate there seems to have sky-rocketed since the appointment of the new Ambassador. We don't hold much hope of getting visitors visas for my in-laws anymore, and for all the money we'd have to spend certifiying documents and getting them over to Tirana, it would be cheaper for us to buy a ticket over there.

Hope everything works out for you and your boyfriend - good luck!

victoria levine
Newly Registered

Post by victoria levine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Last edited by victoria levine on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Visa interview in tirana- Should I attend?

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:29 pm

victoria levine wrote:My husband has his visa interview in Tirana at the end of this month. He is albanian and I am english. We have hopefully all the necessary paperwork but I was wondering if I should attend the interview. I know they probably wont want to ask me anyhting but from your experience, would my presence in the country and at the embassy work in his favour?
I cant get time off work and i'm worried that he will get refused because i didnt bother going!

Any advise?
I assume he's applying for a spouse visa?
Sponsors aren't normally interviewed. If your paperwork is complete and credible, and your husband can answer their questions adequately, the fact that you're not there should be no reason to refuse him.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:26 pm

[/quote]I cant get time off work and i'm worried that he will get refused because i didnt bother going!

Hi i think it does help if you are there for his interview cos they do ask. it helps prove that it is a genuine relationship if you are there with him. Whilst i was in albania i read someone's refusal for a visa and one of the points was that his wife wasnt with him for the interview and they did ask my husband if i was there.

Good luck, any other questions please pm me.
x

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Lol sorry thats the first time ive quoted on this website and i didnt do a very good job at it! sorry.

The quote is actually what im saying!

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm

I realize (sadly) that this will probably not apply to you (since your chances already appear to be near-zero) .. but for others reading this topic, be aware that visit visa times are likely to be cut in half soon, and s security deposit amy also be required:

UK proposes to cut visit visas from 6 to 3 months
19 December 2007

the Admin

chrissy1
Newly Registered

Post by chrissy1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. Just to say may boyfriend was refused a visitor visa. We expected it, but heart breaking all the same :(

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm really sorry - you must be very disappointed :(