ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Grodan
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Grodan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Tinkerbell91 wrote:
So, I am still waiting for my PR, however I know that according to the Government's article that came out on 11.07.2016 ( https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stat ... -in-the-uk ) EU nationals who have lived continuously and lawfully in the UK for at least 5 years automatically have a permanent right to reside. Home Office does no longer issue any cards as per this change - a friend of mine recently got back her documents with a letter stating that she has a PR - no card though).

So, I came to the UK in September 2016 and I will have 6 years stay in this country in September. My question is if I get the letter obtaining the PR, can I apply straight for a passport in/around September or I should still need to wait for 1 year after I receive the PR? :roll:
It all seems to depend on which date the Home Office register your residency from, which also depends on the documents you submit.

For example if you have been here since 26th May 2010 but you only submitted papers for 5 years, then they might only give you residency from 26th May 2011, which means you have to wait until 26th May 2017 to apply. if you did however submit paper from 26th May 2010 and thy note this date down then yes you can apply for citizenship straight.

I think it is best to do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the Home Office once application is done to double check what date they have registered you as resident from as I rather spend £10 extra instead of risking losing £1236ish by applying too early.

Edited as I just saw this on Free Movements website;
"New premium rate phone lines for status checks (for landlords and employers, presumably) are also to be introduced costing as much as £1.23 per minute."

Perhaps we could call here rather than doing a cumbersome SAR and get a reply straight away? Anyone tried?

Tinkerbell91
Newly Registered

Post by Tinkerbell91 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Thank you for your reply! This is very useful information to know. I am still waiting for my PR, hopefully I will hear back from UKBA within the next month or two and I will check the date and the year. But I have sent documents for 5 and a half years as I came to the UK in September 2010 and submitted the documents on 26 May 2016.

Do you also know if you receive a card (PR) or you just get your documents and a letter saying that you have a right of permanent residence?

Many thanks

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Tinkerbell91 wrote:Thank you for your reply! This is very useful information to know. I am still waiting for my PR, hopefully I will hear back from UKBA within the next month or two and I will check the date and the year. But I have sent documents for 5 and a half years as I came to the UK in September 2010 and submitted the documents on 26 May 2016.

Do you also know if you receive a card (PR) or you just get your documents and a letter saying that you have a right of permanent residence?

Many thanks
You applied roughly at the same time as me, sadly I don't think I'll here anything until September earliest....hopefully no later than November.

I sent documents dating back to 2002 so hoping for an early date in the system, if I'm unlucky though they might put down April 2011 depending on how tough they are on judging "qualified resident".

As you only submitted documentation for 5 and a half years they are likely to only give you residence for this period alone and you will have to wait a bit before submitting your citizenship application.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Tinkerbell91 wrote:Thank you for your reply! This is very useful information to know. I am still waiting for my PR, hopefully I will hear back from UKBA within the next month or two and I will check the date and the year. But I have sent documents for 5 and a half years as I came to the UK in September 2010 and submitted the documents on 26 May 2016.

Many thanks
EU/EEA were only getting a Document Certifying Permanent Residency (i.e. paper to say you have the right) before as well I thought, with only non-EEA receiving the card.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:39 pm

114 days Waiting :( :( :(

Eea application sent 01/04/16
Application received : 04/04/16

Tinkerbell91
Newly Registered

Post by Tinkerbell91 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Grodan and Bumble - Thank you for your replies! You have been very helpful!

I will keep you posted regarding any updates on my application.

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James

fhqwhgads
Newly Registered

Post by fhqwhgads » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Just got my DCPR! It came with my documents, in the special delivery envelope that I'd sent with the application.

10/04/16 EEA(PR) posted, special delivery
12/04/16 EEA(PR) arrived
19/04/16 EEA(PR) payment taken (by cheque)
21/04/16 ROD online form requesting return of passports.
06/05/16 Passports arrived back (letter dated 03/05/16)
27/07/16 DCPR and documents returned (letter dated 15/07/16)

That's 108 days from post to post. I never got a confirmation email. Documents I sent:
- passport & previous expired one.
- residence proof for 5 years (3 per year: utility bills, council tax bills, bank statements)
- employment proof for 5 years (letters from employers, all p60s/p45s, and wage slips and bank statements every 3 months)

On to form AN! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

jetfromgladiators
Newly Registered

Post by jetfromgladiators » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:35 pm

LoryAndra wrote:
jetfromgladiators wrote:I am a British citizen, married since 2008 to my Greek wife. She has been living in the UK since 1998, first as a student, then as a full-time worker, now as a student again. We would like to apply for PR for her (especially since the referendum) as a first step to applying for citizenship. However, I have read that students require proof of health insurance or EHIC, which she does not have.

I have two questions:

1) Could we apply for PR for the period prior to becoming a student (e.g. by submitting documents for 2008-2013)? Or does becoming a student 'override' this?
2) If my wife were to apply for an EHIC card in Greece, would it be backdated for he period that she was a student, allowing her to apply for the period 2011-2016?

Thanks in advance for your help!
In order to apply for the PR you need to show documents for living in the UK for 5 years. I am pretty sure that you should be able to choose the 5 years you want and submit the relevant documents. If you have been continuously living here for more than 5 years, than it is up to you to decide on the period you want to submit the documents .
Lets see what other users say , hope I am not wrong but this is what I understood after I called myself the UKBA helpline when I applied.
Just to say belated thanks to LoryAndra and Res for their help with this. We are currently sourcing documents through FOI and will keep the board posted on how we get on.

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 am

Hi Guys any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:15 am

Great news!
I got my docs plus PR card today :D :D Happy bunny!

The card was issued 25/7.

I only have one question, i have been in UK since 2001 in permanent employment. I submitted docs from 2008-2016, but I cannot see anywhere on the PR card from when my residency is confirmed. Do I still have to wait a year to apply from citizenship?
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

mauls26
Newly Registered

Post by mauls26 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:57 am

blackhorse2016 wrote:Hi Guys any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James
Hello Blackhorse2016,

My time line is as follows

Application sent: 22/02/16
Received: 23/02/16
Money taken: 25/02/16
Email received: 11/03/16 (EEA national)
Biometrics received: 14/03/16 dated 10/03/16
Biometrics submitted: 15/03/16
COA received: 23/03/2016 dated 20/03/2016
Passport requested: 05/05/2016
Passport received: 20/05/0216

Still waiting for any further correspondence. Please keep me posted with your timelines.

Regards
Maulik Shah

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:59 am

hellothere19 wrote:Great news!

I only have one question, i have been in UK since 2001 in permanent employment. I submitted docs from 2008-2016, but I cannot see anywhere on the PR card from when my residency is confirmed. Do I still have to wait a year to apply from citizenship?
You can find out the date they have you down for as resident if you do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Home Office for £10, form available online. Free Movement did mentioned something about a premium rate phone line in their blog in March this year for employers to use not sure if this would work for us, try perhaps. "New premium rate phone lines for status checks (for landlords and employers, presumably) are also to be introduced costing as much as £1.23 per minute."

If the date is 6 years + then apply away, if it is less than 6 years then wait as anything else would be very expensive.

And last but not least congratulation.

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Congrats ....!!!!

No I don't think you need to wait for 12 months after PR to get qualifie for British naturalisation as you are already in uk more then 6 years. May be be some one can better suggestion on this fourm or alternatively you can get information from your local council ( nationality checking services) thanks.

James

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 pm

mauls26 wrote:
blackhorse2016 wrote:Hi Guys any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James
Hello Blackhorse2016,

My time line is as follows

Application sent: 22/02/16
Received: 23/02/16
Money taken: 25/02/16
Email received: 11/03/16 (EEA national)
Biometrics received: 14/03/16 dated 10/03/16
Biometrics submitted: 15/03/16
COA received: 23/03/2016 dated 20/03/2016
Passport requested: 05/05/2016
Passport received: 20/05/0216

Still waiting for any further correspondence. Please keep me posted with your timelines.

Regards
Maulik Shah

Hi Mr Shah

My wife Non EEA Pr application time time is as following.

Application send 30/01/16.
Ho received 01/02/16.
Payment taken 04/02/16.
Biomatric letter received 22/02/16
Biometric submitted 28/02/16.
COA received with( wright to work ) 09/03/16.

And till now there is nothing from Ho, hope will be a good news soon.

Thanks
James

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Grodan wrote:

You can find out the date they have you down for as resident if you do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Home Office for £10, form available online. Free Movement did mentioned something about a premium rate phone line in their blog in March this year for employers to use not sure if this would work for us, try perhaps. "New premium rate phone lines for status checks (for landlords and employers, presumably) are also to be introduced costing as much as £1.23 per minute."

If the date is 6 years + then apply away, if it is less than 6 years then wait as anything else would be very expensive.

Thank you for the congrats!
Re SAR request, I did one a while ago before is submitted my PR application, to double check my movements in/out the country. Is it the same form?
I can't remember that I paid for it

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

blackhorse2016 wrote:

Congrats ....!!!!

No I don't think you need to wait for 12 months after PR to get qualifie for British naturalisation as you are already in uk more then 6 years. May be be some one can better suggestion on this fourm or alternatively you can get information from your local council ( nationality checking services) thanks.

James

Thanks! Now hopefully the naturalisation will go smoothly! :)

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:40 pm

hellothere19 wrote:
Grodan wrote:

Thank you for the congrats!
Re SAR request, I did one a while ago before is submitted my PR application, to double check my movements in/out the country. Is it the same form?
I can't remember that I paid for it

Yes it probably is the same form, you can request different information from them on the same form. It might have been free in the past however the Home Office is attempting to make immigration control self funding, which is why everything now costs money and the steep price hikes.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Do you have a link to where you can submit a SAR request?

Thanks.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:19 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Apart from the £10 fee, for a non fast-track SAR now you need a copy of your passport certified by a solicitor... (the certification requirement is new...)

A] Identification? From the 11th July 2016 all requests for a standard Subject Access Request must include a copy of photo identification which must also be certified by a solicitor with the words “I certify that this is a true likeness of Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms [full name]” and include the name and signature of the solicitor making the declaration and the date the declaration was signed.
Copies of the following photo identification will be acceptable:

 Current passport
 Current driving licence
 Biometric Residence Card
 National Identity Card
 Travel document

Do not send original documents, we are only asking for copies to be authenticated by a solicitor. If you can not provide a certified copy of any of the photo ID listed above we will accept a photograph certified by a solicitor as a true likeness.

Does anyone know if the date of status as permanent resident is disclosed in a fast-track SAR application? (as IT Records)
Last edited by treski on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Bumble wrote:Do you have a link to where you can submit a SAR request?

Thanks.
Submission is strictly by post sadly, wish the Home Office were moving with the times but no such luck.

This should do the trick https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:33 am

Hi Guys any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:57 am

treski wrote:
Does anyone know if the date of status as permanent resident is disclosed in a fast-track SAR application? (as IT Records)

The fast track does not seem very fast... 20 calendar days... and they also require the photo ID to be sent. Or does this only need to be a copy but not certified?
EU(14) DCPR Timeline

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 pm

I applied a fast track SAR in march just to double check my dates I left the UK
IF I want to apply now for a full SAR (£10, to confirm my residence date), i see on the application form that I cannot apply for a new SAR within 6 months of the previous request. Does that mean for a full SAR only, or does it include a fast track too?

Lyuda_16
Newly Registered

Post by Lyuda_16 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello

I am going to apply PR next month.

Could you please advice me what kind of documents do I need to submit after retaining right of residency

many thanks