ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP:NCS & Passport Fee both got deducted - is App Success?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applefan123

JCAP:NCS & Passport Fee both got deducted - is App Success?

Post by applefan123 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

I applied for citizenship and passport at same time as JCAP scheme on 13-July-2016.
NCS Fee deducted on 25-July
Passport Fee deducted on 26-July

Does this mean my application is success?
The reason I ask this question is: If they had any doubts on my citizenship application, they could have put on hold processing my passport application.

I believe, anyone's passport fee went on hold can answer my question.

Please help!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: JCAP:NCS & Passport Fee both got deducted - is App Succe

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:33 am

If the BC application is refused the passport fee is refunded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:41 am

Under the JCAP scheme, both fees are paid upfront before the form AN application process starts. It does not mean your application is a success.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Casa wrote:If the BC application is refused the passport fee is refunded.
Well that's a bit strange because when I applied, I was clearly told by NCS/JCAP staff at council that if your naturalisation application is unsuccessful, you wont get a refund for your passport fees. I had to consent to it before she booked my JCAP appointment.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:49 pm

longhorn wrote:
Casa wrote:If the BC application is refused the passport fee is refunded.
Well that's a bit strange because when I applied, I was clearly told by NCS/JCAP staff at council that if your naturalisation application is unsuccessful, you wont get a refund for your passport fees. I had to consent to it before she booked my JCAP appointment.
You're absolutely correct, my error. In the event of a refusal, only the ceremony fee would be refunded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:50 pm

That is also my understanding, if your citizenship application is refused for any reason, you will not be refunded your passport application fees

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:06 pm

They just suck the money out as much as they can :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Losing the passport fee + the additional charge if the application doesn't succeed, is certainly something to consider when opting for the JCAP service.
(Casa, not CR001)

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

During my NCS - JCAP appointment, i was initially given a form which did not have the clause which stated that my fees will not be refunded.
Later he apologized saying that was the old form and gave me a new form which had this clause included to say that my fees will not be refunded.

I am not even sure why he would have had a old version of this form on his desk ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:02 pm

vicky8319 wrote:During my NCS - JCAP appointment, i was initially given a form which did not have the clause which stated that my fees will not be refunded.
Later he apologized saying that was the old form and gave me a new form which had this clause included to say that my fees will not be refunded.

I am not even sure why he would have had a old version of this form on his desk ???
Kindly refrain from digging up older topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.