ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT qualifications at NARIC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arno294
Newly Registered

IT qualifications at NARIC

Post by arno294 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi All,

I have numerous Microsoft qualifications.
They include MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS and MCT.
The MCT, microsoft certified trainer credential is the strongest and most professional one in the list of certifications.

The statement Naric has on their website is as follows:
UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK's national qualifications frameworks.

I have been reading other posts regarding Naric and Degrees and my question is, Will any of my Professional Qualifications come close to meeting degree level required for HSMP renewal under the new rules?

The reason why i am asking is, the job i had when i started HSMP 2 years ago required degree level knowledge and i am still in the same possition and the same company.

If this dows not work i will fail to meet requirements and will have to sell my house, leave my good job, my dependant will have to quit her job and we will have to move back home, even though we both had a job from day 1 and paid taxes and earned enough money and built a great live together.

Arno

pavam

Re: IT qualifications at NARIC

Post by pavam » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:22 am

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:18 am

arno294 wrote:Hi All,

The MCT, microsoft certified trainer credential is the strongest and most professional one in the list of certifications.
You better check with NARIC. But, doubt, these certifications will be helpful to you.
will have to sell my house,
Great !!! bought a house within two years, really great.
my dependant will have to quit her job
Unfortunately, if you fail to qualify. Why don't you ask your spouse to apply for HSMP ?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:25 pm

Dear arno294

Sorry to hear your case. Because this is critical issue you have better check it with NARIC. It is just about £40 so you do not loose too much. I fully believe you willnot get 100% assurance from this forum for the complicted casse like yours. Only NARIC could give you the answer.

However to be honest, from my point of view, it is highly unlikely that the qualificatins like this comparable with UK degree. So you need to have back up plan.
You juts need to try your luck.

arno294 wrote:Hi All,

The statement Naric has on their website is as follows:
UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK's national qualifications frameworks.

I have been reading other posts regarding Naric and Degrees and my question is, Will any of my Professional Qualifications come close to meeting degree level required for HSMP renewal under the new rules?

The reason why i am asking is, the job i had when i started HSMP 2 years ago required degree level knowledge and i am still in the same possition and the same company.

If this dows not work i will fail to meet requirements and will have to sell my house, leave my good job, my dependant will have to quit her job and we will have to move back home, even though we both had a job from day 1 and paid taxes and earned enough money and built a great live together.

Arno
Last edited by pantaiema on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:35 pm

LOL, :lol: :lol: :lol:
I also wonder this extremely case. But I did not say it is impossible.

gotcha wrote: [
will have to sell my house,
Great !!! bought a house within two years, really great.
Pantaiema

BigJay
Newly Registered

keep us posted

Post by BigJay » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi Arno

I'm in a similar situation as you. So please keep us posted.

Jay