ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application refused. Reconsideration taking too long

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

subzero155
Newly Registered

Application refused. Reconsideration taking too long

Post by subzero155 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 am

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help. I applied for naturalisation and was asked to provide further documents during the process.
Due to time limitations, I sent one part of the documents on one day and the other part a couple of days later.
The HO received one part only and refused my application claiming they did not receive all required documents.
I submitted a reconsideration form and resupplied the missing documents. It has been almost 4 months and I have not received a reply from them. They took the reconsideration fees a few days after sending the form off.
Any suggestions on the above would be appreciated.

ouflak1

Re: Application refused. Reconsideration taking too long

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:08 pm

subzero155 wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help. I applied for naturalisation and was asked to provide further documents during the process.
Due to time limitations, I sent one part of the documents on one day and the other part a couple of days later.
Did you explain in a covering letter that you acknowledged what documents they asked for and that you would be sending along the other required documents in few days due to time limitations?

Because if you didn't, you sort of left the door wide open for them to quickly rubber stamp a refusal and move on.
subzero155 wrote:The HO received one part only and refused my application claiming they did not receive all required documents.
I submitted a reconsideration form and resupplied the missing documents. It has been almost 4 months and I have not received a reply from them. They took the reconsideration fees a few days after sending the form off.
Any suggestions on the above would be appreciated.
Unlike the main application, there is no recommended time frame for reconsiderations and they can take years.

Just out of curiosity, when you say you sent the other docs a couple of days later, actually how long is 'a couple of days later'?

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Did you explain in a covering letter that you acknowledged what documents they asked for and that you would be sending along the other required documents in few days due to time limitations?
Yes I did explain that.
Unlike the main application, there is no recommended time frame for reconsiderations and they can take years.
If so, I am better off remaking the naturalisation application to be within the six-month frame.
Is it possible to get an update on the process? I have tried to email them and I get an auto-reply each time.
Just out of curiosity, when you say you sent the other docs a couple of days later, actually how long is 'a couple of days later'?
4 days. They actually received the second part and never received the first.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi Subzero

there is no time frame for reconsiderations.
I'm still waiting since june 2015.
Did you check is H/O take it out £80 from your acc? if they it mean your reconsiderations application is received. After six months you can ask help from your local MP, but again H/O didn't bother.
subzero155 wrote:
Yes I did explain that.
If so, I am better off remaking the naturalisation application to be within the six-month frame.
Is it possible to get an update on the process? I have tried to email them and I get an auto-reply each time.

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:47 pm

Yes, they took the money a few days after submission.
Will they definitely reply at some point? Is there a way of contacting them?
Rassel wrote:Hi Subzero

Did you check is H/O take it out £80 from your acc? if they it mean your reconsiderations application is received. After six months you can ask help from your local MP, but again H/O didn't bother.
subzero155 wrote:
Yes I did explain that.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 am

Hi Subzero,

there is no formal way - but as Rassel suggested, after 6 months you can try getting your MP involved. I am in the same boat and have been waiting since July 2015, my application was refused on the grounds of no communication when they tried to contact me - which is not true.

I wrote to them a month ago and have received a letter stating that application will be decided in due course.

I like you have had second thoughts - I should have submitted a fresh application rather than wait for re-consideration.

Best of luck!
all is well that ends well

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks ali_hsn. Good luck to you too.
Just wondering, will they reply? I mean, could they just keep us hanging indefinitely?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:30 pm

subzero155 wrote:Thanks ali_hsn. Good luck to you too.
Just wondering, will they reply? I mean, could they just keep us hanging indefinitely?
HO can take as long as they need to for a reconsideration request and it can take many months. You will just have to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
subzero155 wrote:Thanks ali_hsn. Good luck to you too.
HO can take as long as they need to for a reconsideration request and it can take many months. You will just have to wait.
How many months? Can it be a year or over?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Yes, it can.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Rassel wrote:Hi Subzero

subzero155 wrote:
Yes I did explain that.
Hi Rassel,
Any news on your reconsideration application?

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:58 am

ali_hsn wrote:Hi Subzero,

there is no formal way - but as Rassel suggested, after 6 months you can try getting your MP involved. I am in the same boat and have been waiting since July 2015, my application was refused on the grounds of no communication when they tried to contact me - which is not true.

I wrote to them a month ago and have received a letter stating that application will be decided in due course.

I like you have had second thoughts - I should have submitted a fresh application rather than wait for re-consideration.

Best of luck!
Hi ali_hsn,
Have you heard back from HO?

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Any updates from those waiting?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:14 am

Hi subzero155

Please can you share what additional documents HO requested from you and your case details it would help others.

Thanks
Ali
subzero155 wrote:Any updates from those waiting?