ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent question about my situation in UK with my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Omar3189
Newly Registered

urgent question about my situation in UK with my wife

Post by Omar3189 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:01 pm

hi all

i have spouse visa 33 months , me and my wife dont want to be with each other anymore but she dont want to be unfair with me if me leaving will effect my visa in this country so she offer to wait till my visa extension ,

the question is after the extension i will have visa for 24 months can i leave my wife in this time and continue legal in this country without my wife or if i leave her i will still should to live the country ???

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: urgent question about my situation in UK with my wife

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:05 pm

You won't be free of Immigration control until you have completed 5 years of residence. If you and your wife separate before you have been granted ILR your spouse visa will no longer be valid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Omar3189 wrote:hi all

i have spouse visa 33 months , me and my wife dont want to be with each other anymore but she dont want to be unfair with me if me leaving will effect my visa in this country so she offer to wait till my visa extension ,

the question is after the extension i will have visa for 24 months can i leave my wife in this time and continue legal in this country without my wife or if i leave her i will still should to live the country ???
No one here is going to help you lie and cheat the system.

Marriage over, you go home, pure and simple.

Assume no children?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Omar3189
Newly Registered

Post by Omar3189 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Casa wrote:You won't be free of Immigration control until you have completed 5 years of residence. If you and your wife separate before you have been granted ILR your spouse visa will no longer be valid.
yes but why spouse visa now is 5 years ??? and my route was 33 months then 24 months

i lost everything in my home country and i cant back so there is no anyway ?

Omar3189
Newly Registered

Post by Omar3189 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Assume no children?
no children pure and simple i lost everything to come and live with her so isnt fair to back even after my i receive my Flr !! ??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:18 pm

If you applied for your spouse visa after 9th July 2012 you would have been granted an initial 33 month visa. The additional 3 months was to allow you time to enter the UK after the visa issue date. The next application will be FLR(M) which will grant you 2.5 years. The route to ILR is 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 years.

FLR(M) is still limited (temporary) leave to remain.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Omar3189 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Assume no children?
no children pure and simple i lost everything to come and live with her so isnt fair to back even after my i receive my Flr !! ??
That was your choice I'm afraid, UKVI doesn't have a 'Not Fair' clause, it's all tick-box, if the box isn't ticked, no visa.

How come you 'lost' everything? You maybe gave things up such as local job etc, but not everything surely?

Omar3189
Newly Registered

Post by Omar3189 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Casa wrote:If you applied for your spouse visa after 9th July 2012 you would have been granted an initial 33 month visa. The additional 3 months was to allow you time to enter the UK after the visa issue date. The next application will be FLR(M) which will grant you 2.5 years. The route to ILR is 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 years.

so during the FLR i cant leave her to marry someone else ??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Omar3189 wrote:
Casa wrote:If you applied for your spouse visa after 9th July 2012 you would have been granted an initial 33 month visa. The additional 3 months was to allow you time to enter the UK after the visa issue date. The next application will be FLR(M) which will grant you 2.5 years. The route to ILR is 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 years.

No, you'd have to leave and reapply from home?

Already got somebody lined up?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Omar3189 wrote:

No, you'd have to leave and reapply from home?

Already got somebody lined up?
...and your immigration 'clock' would be re-set to zero, setting you on a new 5 year path to permanent residence with all the same conditions attached.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Omar3189 wrote:

You would need a divorce before you can remarry. Divorce currently takes 5-6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.