ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency requirements question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arunsk
United Kingdom

Residency requirements question

Post by arunsk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Apologies if this is not the correct forum/section.
I am on ILR and my question is related to the residency requirement to keep ILR status active.
I understand if you are away for more than 2 years then you may lose ILR status, even short trip (couple of weeks) may not help as it is up to the immigration officer to allow entry on return.

I have an opportunity to work in a different country (for the same employer but as an employee in that country) and was wondering if there is any way where if I decide to relocate, I can still keep ILR status and apply for Naturalization.

Another question, I haven't looked at the process for Naturalization as I recently got ILR, do we need payslips etc at that time again? It will be an issue if I decide to relocate and come back for couple of months to apply for naturalization but just would like to know the issues upfront before making a decision.

The other choice is to look for other options here but just wondering if there is any other option.

Thanks for your time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Residency requirements question

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Even if you are allowed to retain your ILR, coming back for a couple of months in order to apply for BC won't help you. BC would fail on the limit of absence rule, which includes no more than 90 days absence in the 12 month period prior to submitting the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:20 pm

It would also fail on the 'future intentions' aspect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arunsk
United Kingdom

Post by arunsk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Thank you for your inputs.