ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing instructions in SET O ILR application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zacuk
Newly Registered

Confusing instructions in SET O ILR application form

Post by Zacuk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi,

I have 2 questions and this is with regards applying for ILR upon completing 5 years time period (28 days to go) in Tier 2 (General):

Q1.

On page 83 of the SET O application form (v 04/2016), it asks the applicant to confirm: "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.".

What documents do I need to submit?? :?:

I have been on Tier 2 (General) since 01 Sep 2011. Before that, I was on Post Study migrant visa.

Q2.

On the last page (92) of the same document, why have they not provided an address straightaway saying send your documents to this address? Instead, it says "If you are applying for settlement on any other basis, please make sure you send the application
to the address below:
Home Offie
SET (O)
Indefiite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS"

Am I applying on any other basis? I presume there must be a separate form for "any other basis"... Isn't it confusing?? :?

Thanks

Zacuk
Newly Registered

Photo requirement for UK Visas

Post by Zacuk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi,

Is this the correct link for the guidance on photos for UK visa purposes: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -standards

Is it OK if I get my photos taken at Post Office booths, like Photo Me (Or, Must I go to Snappy Snap)?

Thanks

PS:
SET(O) guidance notes (SET(O) Version 04/2016 Page 2)
UK Visas & Immigration photograph guidance
If you do not already have these documents, you can get them from our website at www.gov.uk/
government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration

By the way, the above link provided does not show any page with the title "UK Visas & Immigration photograph guidance" ...!!! :?

noajthan

Re: Photo requirement for UK Visas

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Zacuk wrote:Hi,

Is this the correct link for the guidance on photos for UK visa purposes: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -standards

Is it OK if I get my photos taken at Post Office booths, like Photo Me (Or, Must I go to Snappy Snap)?

Thanks

PS:
SET(O) guidance notes (SET(O) Version 04/2016 Page 2)
UK Visas & Immigration photograph guidance
If you do not already have these documents, you can get them from our website at http://www.gov.uk/government/organisati ... mmigration

By the way, the above link provided does not show any page with the title "UK Visas & Immigration photograph guidance" ...!!! :?
Any UK booth that says it meets UK standards, so, yes, PO booths are an example.

Did you try searching from that page (instead of just looking on the page)?!

See https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports ... quirements
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Zacuk
Newly Registered

Re: Photo requirement for UK Visas

Post by Zacuk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks Noajthan.

hib
Newly Registered

Re: Confusing instructions in SET O ILR application form

Post by hib » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Zacuk,

Did you get an answer to your question about these instructions?

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I'm applying as well and not sure which documents to show to support this. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:11 pm

hib wrote:Hi Zacuk,

Did you get an answer to your question about these instructions?

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I'm applying as well and not sure which documents to show to support this. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
see this

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 14786.html

Zacuk
Newly Registered

Post by Zacuk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi Hib,

As far as I remember, someone said on these pages that this doesn't apply to those who have been on Tier2 for 5 years. As the SET form is for more than one routes, it may apply to others. If you were on a different visa prior to tier2, it will be shown in the immigration history anyway.

Please share if you have any other info. Thanks

Zac