ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Bilbil » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:09 am

Hi All,
I do have a question with regards to the ceremony. The invitation letter states to bring only ONE ADULT with you. Are kids allowed in the hall, in the event that you have no one to mind them. Anybody witnessed this in previous ceremonies and what is the take of events with those that came with kids. Thanks.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 am

Bilbil wrote:Hi All,
I do have a question with regards to the ceremony. The invitation letter states to bring only ONE ADULT with you. Are kids allowed in the hall, in the event that you have no one to mind them. Anybody witnessed this in previous ceremonies and what is the take of events with those that came with kids. Thanks.

Yes you can bring your kids!

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 am

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
dad12345 wrote:I have seen some people who applied in Jan/16 and Feb/16 got their approval. Anyone who applied in March/16 got the approval yet? I wonder if everyone receives this 2nd stage letter because I have not received it.
Yes, my friend Applied some days after St Patricks days , got Approval (paid 950 paid last week)
that is quickest i know this year but last year there were many who got approvals in 3 months , The big problem is procedure is not that clear how they process each applicants and off course discretion power of minister is unclear (so if civil servant working on behalf of minister don't like your pic, may delay your case :-D lol) i am just presuming that.
my wife applied first week of feb 2016 second stage in April and approval first week of July , application based on 5 years residency (EU citizen)
i applied just last week based on 5 years residency EUFam (no acknowledgment yet).

Hi SouthDublier thanks.

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 am

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
dad12345 wrote:I have seen some people who applied in Jan/16 and Feb/16 got their approval. Anyone who applied in March/16 got the approval yet? I wonder if everyone receives this 2nd stage letter because I have not received it.
Yes, my friend Applied some days after St Patricks days , got Approval (paid 950 paid last week)
that is quickest i know this year but last year there were many who got approvals in 3 months , The big problem is procedure is not that clear how they process each applicants and off course discretion power of minister is unclear (so if civil servant working on behalf of minister don't like your pic, may delay your case :-D lol) i am just presuming that.
my wife applied first week of feb 2016 second stage in April and approval first week of July , application based on 5 years residency (EU citizen)
i applied just last week based on 5 years residency EUFam (no acknowledgment yet).
Hi Dad123456,

I applied in last week of March. I got Ack and Second stage letter on 31 of May. They missed my files somewhere and I had to ring them a few times. So was not a good start for me therefore not expecting miracles. When did you get your ACk and Second stage letter?

Thanks SuperDad :)

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Postby coming » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:10 pm

At last after 21 months my approval has finally landed today.
My timeline as follows
Applied 14 October 2014
Further documents requested in July 2015 to clarify the fines and the reason I could not get the money to pay the fines.
Finally the fines was cancelled by the court
The total fines was 1000 euros but managed to pay 250 euros
Again got another traffic fines which was paid.
Again got another fines for traffic which I won in the court of appeal.
I worked full time as a. Healthcare Assistant
In April 2016 I wrote them a compassionate letter and promise them to be of good driver.
Moreover the kind of good work I have been doing as a Carer which was acknowledged.
Finally today my approval letter was issued on 25 of July and received on 28 July.

I am taking this opportunity to thank especially Kingdomans for his kind advice which I took to
Appeal to them
I pray for those still waiting and God almighty will open his doors for everyone.

Coming but now Arrived

coming

Newly Registered

Lata123
Newly Registered

Post by Lata123 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi everyone and congratulations to all who have gotten their approvals, I understand that only the department knows how long applications can be at different stages, my application has been on advanced stage since April and was wondering if anyone had been on that stage for that long.

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Lata123 wrote:Hi everyone and congratulations to all who have gotten their approvals, I understand that only the department knows how long applications can be at different stages, my application has been on advanced stage since April and was wondering if anyone had been on that stage for that long.
Can u please let us know your timeline because my own never goes to Advance stage at all...all what I am see and getting from them are preparing for submission...but on Wednesday my approval just came on 28 of July 2016.You never know u might see your approval anytime from now.

Coming

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:03 pm

coming wrote:Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Postby coming » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:10 pm

At last after 21 months my approval has finally landed today.
My timeline as follows
Applied 14 October 2014
Further documents requested in July 2015 to clarify the fines and the reason I could not get the money to pay the fines.
Finally the fines was cancelled by the court
The total fines was 1000 euros but managed to pay 250 euros
Again got another traffic fines which was paid.
Again got another fines for traffic which I won in the court of appeal.
I worked full time as a. Healthcare Assistant
In April 2016 I wrote them a compassionate letter and promise them to be of good driver.
Moreover the kind of good work I have been doing as a Carer which was acknowledged.
Finally today my approval letter was issued on 25 of July and received on 28 July.

I am taking this opportunity to thank especially Kingdomans for his kind advice which I took to
Appeal to them
I pray for those still waiting and God almighty will open his doors for everyone.

Coming but now Arrived

coming

Newly Registered

Big congrats mate! I'm so delighted for you on your application approval finally.

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:23 pm

With great happiness I wish to announce that I received my approval letter yesterday. I applied based on the spouse of a naturalised Irish citizen in September 2014. Due to my traffic offence, My application was delayed. I have learnt a big lesson. I pray for those that are still waiting to receive the good news soon too. In fact, I contacted them on Monday via email and I Was told that they are preparing my application for submission to the Minister. What a great feeling. :D :D :D :D

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 pm

irisho wrote:With great happiness I wish to announce that I received my approval letter yesterday. I applied based on the spouse of a naturalised Irish citizen in September 2014. Due to my traffic offence, My application was delayed. I have learnt a big lesson. I pray for those that are still waiting to receive the good news soon too. In fact, I contacted them on Monday via email and I Was told that they are preparing my application for submission to the Minister. What a great feeling. :D :D :D :D

Congrats!

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 pm

rgirish wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:
Hi Dad123456,

I applied in last week of March. I got Ack and Second stage letter on 31 of May. They missed my files somewhere and I had to ring them a few times. So was not a good start for me therefore not expecting miracles. When did you get your ACk and Second stage letter?

Thanks SuperDad :)
Thanks for getting back to me. I applied on the 1st week of March, then I got the ack letter one month later. Just got today basically 5 months later again a letter from initial processing team asking me to clarify why my signatures looks inconsistent the one I signed on the passport and the one signed on the form. To be honest on the form I wrote my name and passport I signed. I did not know it would be a big issue. Anyway, my hope for ceremony in Sep now is gone. As result, I can tell this is going to take longer than an average process unfortunately.

jawad86
Newly Registered

Post by jawad86 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone,I have been following this forum for a while and have found it very useful.I'm so happy to say that i received my approval letter today!!....I do have a couple of questions though if you could be kind enough to help me out?..my first question is that i have just been to the immigration officer last Monday to renew my GNIB which expires on 16/08/2016 as from my correspondence with the INIS i was not expecting to receive an approval now.I live outside dublin so payed 300 euros by bank giro and told by immigration officer once they receive notification they order card from dublin and once they receive it they will call me to bring the OLD GNIB and receive the new one.I am now going to send the one i already have.Do i still need the replacement GNIB?..and if not can i ask for a refund?..Lastly i was wondering if the country mentioned on the approval letter the country of birth or origin as they are different in my case.Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Timeline as Follows

Applied 04/02/2016
1st and second stage 18/02/2016
Approval 28/07/2016
Based on 5 years residency

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:16 am

@Irisho

Big congrat to u mate....I am happy for u too

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am

@ Irisho

Big congrat mate....I am happy for u too

Coming

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for posting here. Thought i'd get more attention if i asked here. do i need to wait a couple of days after my eligibility date to sign the statutory declaration? I know it sounds silly but this is what a solicitor advised. But I want to apply on the day i get eligible.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:50 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:Hey guys. Sorry for posting here. Thought i'd get more attention if i asked here. do i need to wait a couple of days after my eligibility date to sign the statutory declaration? I know it sounds silly but this is what a solicitor advised. But I want to apply on the day i get eligible.
Well, I sent mine 2 weeks later as I did not want it to be like I was desperate to get the naturalisation. You need to be very careful and I believe your solicitor is right. Just my opinion.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm

dad12345 wrote:
kaiser1977 wrote:Hey guys. Sorry for posting here. Thought i'd get more attention if i asked here. do i need to wait a couple of days after my eligibility date to sign the statutory declaration? I know it sounds silly but this is what a solicitor advised. But I want to apply on the day i get eligible.
Well, I sent mine 2 weeks later as I did not want it to be like I was desperate to get the naturalisation. You need to be very careful and I believe your solicitor is right. Just my opinion.
Cheers. Thanks for responding. I guess I will give it a week at least. But they should not take it against us if we are too eager to apply. I have almost everything ready and still a month to go. :(

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Just checking, has anyone who got the approval letter dated 21st June, still not got their invitation letter? A number of people here got them a week ago, just want to see if they are sending them out in batches or we I need to get in contact.

GlobalTrail30
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalTrail30 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Stanic wrote:Just checking, has anyone who got the approval letter dated 21st June, still not got their invitation letter? A number of people here got them a week ago, just want to see if they are sending them out in batches or we I need to get in contact.

Hi, I got my approval 23 June and I received my invitation 22 July.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Stanic wrote:Just checking, has anyone who got the approval letter dated 21st June, still not got their invitation letter? A number of people here got them a week ago, just want to see if they are sending them out in batches or we I need to get in contact.
Invitations are sent out in batches and it's still ongoing for the upcoming citizenship ceremony for this September, therefore, there's no need to panic as most of all people who got approvals and duly paid the fees would surely get their invitations (some already have while more will) in the coming days/weeks prior to September ceremony.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 pm

I applied at exactly 3 years of being a resident here in Ireland, and got my approval letter with no complications or whatsoever. So i dont think there will be a problem with that. Just be sure that u signed it at the exact date that you are eligible to apply for naturalisation just to be safe. Goodluck with your application.

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Hey,

Do they only send approval letters just before Ceremony or all year around? If I will miss this wave of approval letters for Sept ceremony. Shall i wait for another ceremony for approval letter or i will get anytime. Issuance of these approval letters are not related to the ceremony. My visa is expired in October thats why i am asking.

What would be the latest date we can get approval letter and still apply for the ceremony? for example if I got the approval letter 2 weeks before the ceremony will still i be able to apply to sept. ceremony?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:03 pm

pixie12 wrote:I applied at exactly 3 years of being a resident here in Ireland, and got my approval letter with no complications or whatsoever. So i dont think there will be a problem with that. Just be sure that u signed it at the exact date that you are eligible to apply for naturalisation just to be safe. Goodluck with your application.
Thank you very much. Did you apply on the day you became eligible? I have been thinking to delay it by a week but if there is no problem then i want to apply straightaway on the same day the calculator shows me as eligible. Fingers crossed now.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:58 pm

rgirish wrote:Hey,

Do they only send approval letters just before Ceremony or all year around? If I will miss this wave of approval letters for Sept ceremony. Shall i wait for another ceremony for approval letter or i will get anytime. Issuance of these approval letters are not related to the ceremony. My visa is expired in October thats why i am asking.

What would be the latest date we can get approval letter and still apply for the ceremony? for example if I got the approval letter 2 weeks before the ceremony will still i be able to apply to sept. ceremony?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks
Hi there,

I know someone who received the approval letter just a bit less than a month before the ceremony I think it was 27 days before.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:37 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:I applied at exactly 3 years of being a resident here in Ireland, and got my approval letter with no complications or whatsoever. So i dont think there will be a problem with that. Just be sure that u signed it at the exact date that you are eligible to apply for naturalisation just to be safe. Goodluck with your application.
Thank you very much. Did you apply on the day you became eligible? I have been thinking to delay it by a week but if there is no problem then i want to apply straightaway on the same day the calculator shows me as eligible. Fingers crossed now.
I did apply on the exact day i was eligible to apply for citizenship. Exactly 3 years as i am a spouse of an irish national.
If u feel that u want to wait for a week to apply even if you're already eligible. Then it is up to u. Just saying that It will not be a big deal to them if u apply right away, as i got my approval with no problems or complications. Do whatever u will feel comfortable.