ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for my husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

morjeker

Immigration for my husband

Post by morjeker » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi, All,

I am a british citizen and am married to an Indian citizen. I would like to know the procedure to get my husband to the UK please.

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration for my husband

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Spouse settlement visa on form VAF4A and Appendix FM.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

YOU need to be earning a minimum of £18,600pa or have at least £62,500 in savings for a minimum of 6 months.

Hubby needs English A1 or NARIC ELA if he has a foreign degree.

Hubby will have to pay the £600 immigration health surcharge on top of the £1,195 visa application fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:19 pm

Sorry am a bit confused regarding the 62500 pounds

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:23 pm

If you have no income you would need to show £62,500 in savings. Are you earning at least £18,600 per annum? This is the minimum income level required to sponsor a spouse.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:23 pm

morjeker wrote:Sorry am a bit confused regarding the 62500 pounds

You need to meet the earnings requirement OR have held significant savings for six months in order to meet the strict financial requirement to sponsor your spouse.

Best idea is for you to read it for yourself as the formula is a bit complex:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Ask a question if you need more info and I am sure someone will try to answer. We don't know what you're confused about ;)

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks all,

Am clear now. Yes am earning above the specified requirement. How many months bank statement is required for the financial requirement?

Regards,

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:34 pm

physicskate wrote:the formula is a bit complex
I think it is quite simple.

Required savings = ((18600-Current Provable Salary)*2.5)+16,000

But I agree with physicskate that you read through the documentation that she linked to as it tells you how to prove the salary and how it is calculated, etc.

EDIT: Salary proof (including information on bank statements) is listed in the document that PhysicsKate linked to.
Last edited by secret.simon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:34 pm

The most recent 6 months bank statement + the corresponding pay slips. The last ones should be dated no older than 28 days before the application is submitted. Read the information in the link that has been posted for you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.