ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and penalty points on driving licence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martinstroke

ILR and penalty points on driving licence

Post by martinstroke » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello,

I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered on this forum. Unfortunately I cannot find any associated link to this please. My question is this.

I am fully aware that penalty points have to be declared when applying for any visa category. A friend of mine has a 6 point endorsement on his license which will not expire until the end of the year although he has his ILR application due in August. What impact is this likely to have on his ILR?

Also, I will be grateful if knowledgeable members of this forum can point me to links or the UKVI guidance on how long these points need to be spent before an application can be made please. I am unsure if these are treated as spent/unspent convictions.

Thanks very much and looking forward to your help and replies

martinstroke

Re: ILR and penalty points on driving licence

Post by martinstroke » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:58 am

Hello,

So sorry but can anyone or the moderators please help with this?

I do appreciate and looking forward to your replies please