ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany Blue Card/Work Permit processing Time in London

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Germany Blue Card/Work Permit processing Time in London

Post by spchoudhury » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:39 pm

HI ,

Can any one please let me know what is the processing time for a Blue Card for Germany. The processing time mentioned in the German Consulate in London states 2 to 3 weeks for a work permit but it doesnot mention anything for a blue card.

Also when I called the embassy, they told me that that the least it takes is 4 weeks. I am really confused now

Thanks in advance

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Germany Blue Card/Work Permit processing Time in London

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:05 pm

spchoudhury wrote:HI ,

Can any one please let me know what is the processing time for a Blue Card for Germany. The processing time mentioned in the German Consulate in London states 2 to 3 weeks for a work permit but it does not mention anything for a blue card.

Also when I called the embassy, they told me that that the least it takes is 4 weeks. I am really confused now

Thanks in advance
Do you have a link to where it says this on the website?

Regular work permits take 12 weeks and more. BlueCard applications are being prioritised, so if the Consulate tells you that it takes at least four weeks, it's most likely a pretty correct assessment based on their experience.

German authorities do not have standard processing times and are very careful never to promise that anything is done within a certain time frame. It takes as long as it takes.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Post by spchoudhury » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks .

here is the link which states 2-3 weeks

http://www.uk.diplo.de/Vertretung/unite ... on-EU.html

Cheers

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:39 pm

spchoudhury wrote:Thanks .

here is the link which states 2-3 weeks

http://www.uk.diplo.de/Vertretung/unite ... on-EU.html

Cheers
Curious.

"At least four weeks" is much more in keeping with what I have heard from applicants, especially when taking into consideration that information about the applicant is being sent to government departments in Germany and they have to reply back, which usually takes about three weeks in itself and that's pretty optimistic.

2-3 weeks is the average processing time for tourist visas as far as I know.

It would be great if you could update the thread with your time line when you receive your work permit!
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Post by spchoudhury » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Sure. I am applying for a Blaue Carte and I guess and hope they give it due priority then a work permit. None the less, I shall update this thread.

Cheers

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Post by spchoudhury » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Just to update, I Called up the consulate today and I am told that it is put on hold by the Auslanderbehorde (immigrations Office/Aliens office) in Stuttgart They refused to tell me why it was put on hold but they did mention that all I have to do now is , just to wait.

I am now getting anxious and was wondering, if you can guide me on what that means. Or is it on hold because they are digging out/collating information about my previous stays. The lady at the consulate jst refused to give me any further information and also advised me to not to call the immigration office in Stuttgart.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:36 pm

spchoudhury wrote:Just to update, I Called up the consulate today and I am told that it is put on hold by the Auslanderbehorde (immigrations Office/Aliens office) in Stuttgart They refused to tell me why it was put on hold but they did mention that all I have to do now is , just to wait.

I am now getting anxious and was wondering, if you can guide me on what that means. Or is it on hold because they are digging out/collating information about my previous stays. The lady at the consulate just refused to give me any further information and also advised me to not to call the immigration office in Stuttgart.
Could be anything - remember, all alien departments in Germany are currently working with a skeleton staff due to the migrant crisis.

The 2-3 weeks stated on the website seem to have been a mistake. It now states 4-6 weeks on average and possibly 12 weeks. By the way, if an application is put 'on hold' the time on hold doesn't even count as processing.

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Post by spchoudhury » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 am

You Are right. It now states 4 - 6 weeks. Strange on why did it state 2 - 3 weeks earlier. And more importantly, they guy at the consulate, specifically told me that its just a matter of few days.

This week makes it 4 weeks and I am hopeful.

Shall keep posted :)

spchoudhury
Newly Registered

Post by spchoudhury » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:37 am

Its 6th week and still no updates. I tried calling the consulate here and no help. Any ideas on what can I do t know whats going on. Please help.