ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Settlement Visa - Immigration Health Surcharge ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: Baby Settlement Visa - Immigration Health Surcharge ?

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 am

If both parents have ILR and they didn't include an ILE observation in the child's visa's endorsement, then they may have misapplied the rules.

Request a correction.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship for Child

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 pm

In other words. You have applied for British Citizenship, if child's other parent (if you are a father then child's mother) also has ILR/ILE, then you can apply for Child's Registration as per vinny's post.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

RamD1982

Post by RamD1982 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:20 pm

vinny wrote:If both parents have ILR and they didn't include an ILE observation in the child's visa's endorsement, then they may have misapplied the rules.

Request a correction.

Thanks Vinny,

I am in process of applying British Citizenship. My wife is already on ILR.
I can apply BC along with my kid. Is there any issue if we not request any correction on current visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:33 pm

As child was born outside the UK, they expect child to also have ILR/ILE when registering for British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

RamD1982

Post by RamD1982 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 pm

fwd079 wrote:In other words. You have applied for British Citizenship, if child's other parent (if you are a father then child's mother) also has ILR/ILE, then you can apply for Child's Registration as per vinny's post.
Thanks you Vinny / Fwd079

vinny

Re: 30 days Entry Clearance Rule - Child Visa (Settlement)

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:04 am

secret.simon wrote:The entry clearance is only valid for 30 days and will expire after 30 days. If you travel past 30 days, you would have to reapply for the same entry clearance.
May apply for a replacement, costing £122.

vamshikgovind
Newly Registered

Post by vamshikgovind » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:52 am

When I made an online application for my baby recently for indefinete leave, the application did not proceed until the IHS payment was done and reference number added. But after 4 weeks I have received an email saying that IHS was not applicable in our case and the money was refunded immedeately.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:59 am

Was this an application for an entry clearance?

vamshikgovind
Newly Registered

Post by vamshikgovind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Visa Type is Settlement to join parents. Entry clearance valid until a month since the issue of the visa. The observation notes on the visa is : Settlement. Indefinete leave to remain.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks for the confirmation.

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Post by mrvindu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 pm

vamshikgovind wrote:Visa Type is Settlement to join parents. Entry clearance valid until a month since the issue of the visa. The observation notes on the visa is : Settlement. Indefinete leave to remain.

which application you have selected?
Did you finally get your money back?
has visa got any notes about public funds?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:33 am

vamshikgovind has written.....
mrvindu wrote:which application you have selected?
vamshikgovind wrote:Visa Type is Settlement to join parents. Entry clearance valid until a month since the issue of the visa. The observation notes on the visa is : Settlement. Indefinete leave to remain.
mrvindu wrote:Did you finally get your money back?
vamshikgovind wrote:When I made an online application for my baby recently for indefinete leave, the application did not proceed until the IHS payment was done and reference number added. But after 4 weeks I have received an email saying that IHS was not applicable in our case and the money was refunded immedeately.
mrvindu wrote:has visa got any notes about public funds?
It is a child settlement visa = ILE/ILR. Even so, children don't claim benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deejo89
Australia

Post by Deejo89 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi,

I am currently a British Citizen and my wife has UK settlement visa. When I applied for my kid (8 months old) born in India, there was NO Health Surcharge charged. It says INR 0.

Reason was Exempt based on being under 16 and applying under visa Route: Settlement - Child or dependant of settled

Is this correct (or) any technical issue?

My kid was born when I was in ILR status. I got my UK naturalisation only after their birth.
Please let me know whether I will be charged HEALTH SURCHARGE for my kid while submitting application.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 am

Deejo89 wrote:Hi,

I am currently a British Citizen and my wife has UK settlement visa. When I applied for my kid (8 months old) born in India, there was NO Health Surcharge charged. It says INR 0.

Reason was Exempt based on being under 16 and applying under visa Route: Settlement - Child or dependant of settled

Is this correct (or) any technical issue?

My kid was born when I was in ILR status. I got my UK naturalisation only after their birth.
Please let me know whether I will be charged HEALTH SURCHARGE for my kid while submitting application.
I posted same question few dyas ago but got no answers.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 07593.html
I was applying for them from Pakistan and my baby was born after i got ILR. UK4Visa was calculating immigration health surcharge as zero . I thought its technical fault as according to information on gov.uk site they are not exempted from paying IHS. I made different fresh application online from different accounts but it always come out as ZERO. UKVISA was giving non sense reply of my emails so i went to call UKVISA which they charged me £1.40 per minute..

It dont seem technical issue as i managed to pay for my wife on same day so they advice me that if its giving zero calculation then i should go ahead and get a IHS reference number to book appointment. If they would need payment then they will contact me via email as there is no other way to proceed to application further so go ahead and get IHS reference, pay fees and book appointment at application centre...Hope this save you and many others to have this frustration which i went through in last few weeks :D

RamD1982

Post by RamD1982 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi Vinny / Fwd079,
Does absence of days applicable for kid's application ?

I have found below at MN1_Guide_December_2015.pdf

"The child and their parents should not have been absent from the UK (or the British overseas territories if appropriate) for more than 270 days during the 3 year residential period."

I am confuse if kid needs to live 3 years before application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm

RamD1982 wrote:Hi Vinny / Fwd079,
Does absence of days applicable for kid's application ?

I have found below at MN1_Guide_December_2015.pdf

"The child and their parents should not have been absent from the UK (or the British overseas territories if appropriate) for more than 270 days during the 3 year residential period."

I am confuse if kid needs to live 3 years before application.
Which page, section, point or number in the MN1 guide says this? It is not applicable to Section 3(1) applications.

Does your child and the other parent have ILR?

Post Edited : beaten by noajthan :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:11 pm

That paragraph seems to relate to a section 3(2) case. Not applicable in this case.

Assuming minor was born abroad, no such residency rules apply for a section 3(1) application (for young children in particular).

The minor will need ILR before registering though.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

RamD1982

Post by RamD1982 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Kid got 33 month visa and Category is stated as 'Settlement to join parent(s)'
Is this ILR/ILE or temporary visa?

Both parents are on ILR since DEC 2013

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:20 pm

If it was ILE, it would say on the visa 'Indefinite Leave to Enter'. If it does not say that, the it is probably a normal 33 month settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:29 pm

M.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:34 pm

As already discussed, lack of ILE observation is a mistake. May also hinder registration.

RamD1982

Post by RamD1982 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks Vinny,

on BRP - UKBA has mentioned type of permit as 'LEAVE TO ENTER'. Visa valid until 24th March 2018
Do I need to ask UKBA to correct this ?

I certainly understand this is likely a duplicate thread.
My apologies if asking similar questions but I am heavily travelling which kept this thread open ended.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 am

vinny wrote:If both parents have ILR, then baby should be granted ILE for the duration of the passport.