ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant extension...main tier 2 holder now has ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohammadali123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant extension...main tier 2 holder now has ILR

Post by mohammadali123 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Guys need help
My wife and kids are on Tier 2 dependant visa expiring end of this month(aquired secondary to my Tier 2 general). I now have an ILR but wife and kids do not qualify yet. I want to extend their tier 2 dependant visa I would like to ask below

1. Can my wife and kids travel outside of UK and come back 1week prior to tier 2 dependant visa expiry and then send an application throught post?

2. I am struggling to find the Tier 2 dependant visa application form and fee details. Also what address to post it to once I find the forms

3. Can my wife and kids apply from outside of UK for an extension of Tier 2 dependant visa, since they want to spend a big longer with the rest of family at home

Any advice will be much appreciated

cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant extension...main tier 2 holder now has

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm

On what basis did you obtain ILR, 5 years Tier 2 or 10 years long residence?
1. Can my wife and kids travel outside of UK and come back 1week prior to tier 2 dependant visa expiry and then send an application throught post?
Should be fine.
2. I am struggling to find the Tier 2 dependant visa application form and fee details. Also what address to post it to once I find the forms
It is an online application only, see links below. Fee is £664 each by post. They will also each have to pay the immigration health surcharge.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
3. Can my wife and kids apply from outside of UK for an extension of Tier 2 dependant visa, since they want to spend a big longer with the rest of family at home
Applying from outside the UK will be a new entry clearance visa and might reset their clock to zero and a new 5 year period towards ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohammadali123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependant extension...main tier 2 holder now has

Post by mohammadali123 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Thanks alot for your very helpful reply. I got my ILR based on a 5year Tier 2 visa