ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

move to Uk, need HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mazm
Newly Registered

move to Uk, need HELP

Post by mazm » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:10 am

Hi All,

Happy new year for all members, i wish the best for everyone.

After long discussion with my wife we decided to move to UK.
Here is our situation :
British Wife
British Daughter
Egyptian Husband

we married since October 2000, my wife didn't travel to UK from long time (About 25 years).

I read a lot of articles here and there, search everywhere to find the first step for our case.

I got, I've to apply for settlement Visa, but in the form we need Address for her in UK, Bills for everything ....... how can i give them these papers and my wife still here.

so we have to travel, but to where .. we don't have any place to live but we have money.

I'm not looking for any help from the Government
can anyone tell me what shall i do ?
shall we apply for visa from here, and how can we do it ?

thanks in advance
i post this in another forum but maybe here is more specific in immigration rules.

vinny

move to Uk, need HELP

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 am

See also Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) and 13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify and Chapter 9 The maintenance and accommodation requirements.

However, before committing to a settlement application, why don't you come as a visitor to the UK first? You could then investigate where you would want to live and so on, and make the necessary arrangements. Moreover, you could study for the Life in the UK test. If you can take and pass the test while you're in the UK, then when you eventually apply for a spouse visa, you may get it endorsed with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mazm
Newly Registered

Post by mazm » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 pm

thanx vinny for your Help ....

the deal was i'll travell to take an advanced course in London, and she will come after 3 months.
but she refused to leave me a lone ... me too.
but i'm agree with you .....
this will take us to another question can i swtich my student visa to settelment ?

thanx

mazm
Newly Registered

Post by mazm » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 am

no one can help ?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:29 pm

I've answered in the other forum!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!