ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of discretionary leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Safina
Newly Registered

Extension of discretionary leave

Post by Safina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm

I need help, i have got a boyfriend who is a british citizen, and he wants to add me onto his papers but some people say that we cannot do it here in the UK, he has to claim me from uganda because the homeoffice refused my asylum claim but gave me one year discretionary leave which expired and applied for an extension which i have not got any reply.please i need your advise on this.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Add you on your boyfriend's papers? What does this mean? Have you been living together for two years? Are you getting married?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Safina
Newly Registered

Post by Safina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:29 pm

We have been moving out since Dec 2005 and i have my address in manchester and he lives in london. but we have been visiting each other every after two weeks because i was in college and now i have got a job in london and living with him at his address but still i pay rent for my manchester flat because in september if i get a place at university, we shall move to manchester. we want to get married

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 pm

If you apply for a COA you can marry here, and then you may wish to consider applyinf for a spousal visa...HOWEVER I advise that you find out how far down the process the current application is before making the new one.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Safina
Newly Registered

Extension

Post by Safina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 pm

sorry what does COA stand for?

Safina
Newly Registered

Post by Safina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Victoria, thank you for advice but what does COA stand for and what is that please

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Certificate of Approval.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Safina
Newly Registered

Post by Safina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:41 pm

that means i dont need to go back to uganda because my solicitor said that the home office will not allow me to get married to my boyfriend from the UK therefore my application for approval will be refused and there is no way i could back to uganda because i am scared for my life