ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Questions and JCAP checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jnikki4u

AN Questions and JCAP checklist

Post by jnikki4u » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for Naturalisation, Please can you help with the below questions.

Section 1.22

I have the pass certificate of Life in UK

and I have bachelors from India which was recognised by Naric during my Tier1 application and ILR. Which boxes I need to tick mark ? Both of the below ?

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;

Section 1.23 does it need to be filled ?

Section 3.1

I have 4 fixed penalty notices out of which I have 3 papers but I lost one. Do I need to declare them ? are they under criminal offences ?
because it is very confusing when I read the guide .

Application says " Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices."

I have paid all of them and the 3 points were cleared.

Once I was warned by police as I forgot to put the indicator while turning right. He took my driving licence and went to his car and got me a Driving leaflet
after noting something. As it was raining he told me to stay back in car. Do I need to declare that as well ? Paper what he gave does not have any details except his name and written
" Need to be attentive when driving "

Section 7.5

Do I need to submit my husbands passport copy . He is on Tier1 General Dependant extension after 2 years stay and now at 3,5 years in UK.

Also does he need to change his category when I get Citizenship ? or can he remain as Tier1 General Dependant for 5 years to qulify for ILR.

Regards
Nikki

jnikki4u

JCAP Checklist

Post by jnikki4u » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi ,

Is there any cehck list for JCAP which is handy and used it ?

Regards
Nikki

jnikki4u

Re: AN Questions and JCAP checklist

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

Hi,

Please can you help me with the questions and the JCAP check list .

Regards
Nikki

jnikki4u

Help on An Questions

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Dear Gurus,

I am about to apply for Naturalisation, Please can you help with the below questions.

Section 1.22

and I have bachelors from India which was recognised by Naric during my Tier1 application and ILR. Which boxes I need to tick mark ? Both of the below ?

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;

Section 1.23 does it need to be filled ?

Section 3.1

I have 4 fixed penalty notices out of which I have 3 papers but I lost one. Do I need to declare them ? are they under criminal offences ?

Application says " Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or

I have paid all of them and the 3 points were cleared.

Once I was warned by police as I forgot to put the indicator while turning right. He took my driving licence and went to his car and got me a Driving leaflet
after noting something. As it was raining he told me to stay back in car. Do I need to declare that as well ? Paper what he gave does not have any details except his name and written

Section 7.5

Do I need to submit my husbands passport copy . He is on Tier1 General Dependant extension after 2 years stay and now at 3,5 years in UK.

Also does he need to change his category when I get Citizenship ? or can he remain as Tier1 General Dependant for 5 years to qulify for ILR.

Regards
Nikki

jnikki4u

Re: Help on An Questions

Post by jnikki4u » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi,

Please can you help me with the questions .

Regards
Nikki

Hola2015

Re: Help on An Questions

Post by Hola2015 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:40 pm

I will try to answer the ones I can, others may be able to help on others:
jnikki4u wrote:Dear Gurus,

Section 1.22

I am not entirely sure, but if you obtained your ILR after 28/10/13, you may tick this option.

Section 1.23 does it need to be filled ? No if you are not using an English language test certificate from an approved test centre

Section 3.1

I have paid all of them and the 3 points were cleared. FPNs as stated are not a criminal records, so selecting 'No' may be appropriate here. However, it will be a good idea to declare them probably in the 'additional information' sheet.

" Need to be attentive when driving " Not sure why you were stopped for not indicating, many people do this on our roads. That aside, you are the best person that knows the details of the case, did the police officer takes your details?

Section 7.5

Do I need to submit my husbands passport copy . He is on Tier1 General Dependant extension after 2 years stay and now at 3,5 years in UK. No, I believe this section is for people applying through marriage to a British citizen

Also does he need to change his category when I get Citizenship ? or can he remain as Tier1 General Dependant for 5 years to qulify for ILR. No, he can continue to renew on Tier 1 dependant route until he meets the 5 years residence requiremnet

Regards
Nikki

jnikki4u

Fixed Penalty : AN Form

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:00 pm

HI,

Can someone clarify should I mention or not ?

Because AN form says as below

" Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless:

where as Guide says as below

3.1 – 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as
speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices."

I am confused and my case is as below

I have 4 fixed penalty notices out of which I have 3 papers but I lost one.

I called NCS guys and they say no need to declare.I am confused :(

Kind regards
Nikki

noajthan

Re: Fixed Penalty : AN Form

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Unclear why you are repeating the same question again and again having received answers already (above).

Multiple posts
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Sorry Jonathan,

As Hola told that he is not sure for few of the questions I posted .

Its better to get the seniors guidance .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 pm

That's fine - stand by for any more answers then (but in this topic thread).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:14 am

Hi All,

Please can you let me know the below.

1. Fixed penalties to be filled in the Application ?
2. Any one has JCAP list ?

Regards
Nikki

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:40 am

Hi All,

Please can you let me know the below.

Regards
Nikki

Yes. You should fill it in the form. All of them. As they have said they will see the type and frequency of FPN's. If 4 FPN's are spread across different years then its fine. Nothing to worry. But if all 4 in a span of last year then it may go against you. (Again this is not a rule. Its purely on the CO. Others may correct me if this is wrong)

There is no separate JCAP checklist. Just make sure the AN checklist is correct. One important point to consider for JCAP application is that you have to fill in the passport form in a little different way as mentioned on any council's website providing NCS service. Read below:

Joint citizenship and passport application service

From 7 April 2016, you will be able to apply for your UK passport at the same time as your citizenship application. This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office.
If your citizenship application is successful and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.

1. Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.

2. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. Applicant?s name should be written on the back of the photographs.

3. Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.

4. Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.

5. Section 4: Grandparents? details are not required.

6. The payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box

7. If you're unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks Sanjay.

I have the FPNs not in the last year. Few people tell that to mention them, few say no need if they did not go to court and paid on time.

So I am confused.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:36 am

Mention it.

If you don't and CO finds it out (which he will) it will be a case of deception/ withholding information on purpose. If this happens you are in bigger trouble.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 am

OK then I will declare them. Thanks Sanjay.