ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - English languague

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bangalore_1982
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - English languague

Post by bangalore_1982 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:52 am

Dear Experts

I have got ILR on 20 December 2013, I am now applying for naturalisation.
However during my ILR process i had submitted life in the UK test certificate and points based calculator for the degree through point based system.

Can you please let me know if i have to register for UK naric or can i go ahead with the application

Thank You

sanjaywakhare

Re: Naturalisation - English languague

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:12 pm

I have got ILR on 20 December 2013
What was the method of getting ILR? One-day PEO service? or applied in POST? If applied in POST what date you applied?

bangalore_1982
Newly Registered

Post by bangalore_1982 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:01 pm

HI Expert

The method of ILR was by PEO same day appoinment, I had provided the screenshot of the PBS document which had my university name and 10 points awarded

Kindly let me know your thoughts

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:41 am

I think you are safe as your ILR was after October 2013 you should be okay to tick the checkbox "I met Koll requirements after 23rd October 2013 ......"..

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:19 pm

I would proceed with caution. Even though you have already satisied the requirement for ILR, a number of applicants have been asked to provide the evidence (do a search on this forum).

It depends on the person dealing with your file, in the case they ask for evidence, do note that you may need a UK NARIC assessment to show the your overseas degree meets the requirements as PBS is no longer accepted.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided