ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:36 pm

kapilblr wrote:Hi all,
After reading posts in this forum, I would like to tell u all that I am also still waiting for my EC and have no clue about the process. I have already rsigned my job as of 31st December and now I am feeling so frustrated :cry:
How to get reference number?
when ever I send SMS, I get invalid country code.
Another thing, my HSMP approval is going to complete 6 month on 31st January, will there be any issues regarding this? :?

-----------------------------------------
Applied On : 14th December
Applied From : Bangalore
Integra Report to BHC : No idea
Final Status : Waiting

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated..

thanks,
Kapil
Dont worry - you just need to apply for EC before HSMP approval validity date. If it eases your worry, my HSMP validity was till Jan 13th.I applied for EC on Dec 20th, and it's pending with BHC Chennai!
Prasannaa
Applied on: 20th Dec
Applied From: Bangalore
Integra : Done

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi folks,
Sorry,i forgot about this EC thing itself and was at full swing in celebrating pongal..Lol..Anyways,Vidya...I dint get any updates too..Lets pray for good.. :)

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:08 pm

my ref number is 778***... Friend's visa number was also 778***..He got it approved..

kapilblr
Newly Registered

Post by kapilblr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 pm

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:my ref number is 778***... Friend's visa number was also 778***..He got it approved..
venkatesh,
How do we get reference number?

Thanks,
Kapil

hsmp_secunderabad
Newly Registered

GOT EC

Post by hsmp_secunderabad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:56 pm

My Dates:

1) HSMP Initial Application on : July 10th 2007.
2) HSMP Approval on : Aug 3rd 2007.
3) EC Applied on : Dec 05 , 2007 (Hyderabad VFS).
4) EC Approval on : Dec 04, 2008 (13 working Days).
5) Passport Arrival to Hyd VFS : Dec 07, 2008.
6) Collected Passport from VFS Hyd : Dec 16 , 2008.

Guys,

I actually got carried away with lion's messages on the forum. He submitted his docs for EC on 3rd dec and I submitted mine on 5th dec. So I was eagerly waiitng for lion's successful message regarding stamped passport. So i didn't even try to contact on any of the three numbers of Chennai VFS.

Today my brother has asked me to do contact the Chennai BHC. I reached my office at around 1000 hrs and checked the website and called on 044 42192151. I called thrice and the number was busy. Reluctantly i thought of giving one last shot. I was lucky, I was getting a dialer tone finally . A lady with sweet voice lifted the fone and redirected me by giving one more number 044 42192308. I called on this number for around 5 times. Again I have started feeling frustrated. after calling a dozen times, I was lucky to hear the dialer tone again. The lady over there asked me my passport details and she said my passport was dispatched to VFS Hyderabad on 4th jan 2008. I was so anxious to know the status. But she refused to reveal any thing.

My office being 2km away from VFS hyderabd , I rushed on bike to the VFS office and after standing in a queue for 30 min, I got achance to get into the collection counter (I opted to collect all the documents and passport st VFS itself). I went there and asked for my passport. He verified in his comp and saw that my passport arrived Hyd VFS on 7th of Jan 2008 (as*** don't work and never called me to inform me abt my passport arrival). He took out my folder from the safe and asked me to show the acknowledgement slip given to me during the submission. I again enquired him about the status. He said he can'reveal. I hav shown him all my ids that I was carrying with me but he insisted on the acknowledgement.

My house is almost 13km far from VFS office. Some how I managed to get the acknowledgement in the next 1 hour. I got into the collection counter with the acknowledgement. He gave my envelopes containing my docs and passports . All the other envelopes in the safe are in green color where as my envelope was brown in colour. Without any second thought , i tore the envelope and started looking thru passport. i have turned in the 1 page, no stamping, turned into 2 page, no stamping...god I got tensed up badly...3rd page no stamping, 4th page no stamping...frustrated I opened the 5th page...aahhhhh..there it is....I got the Visa samped for next 2 years....yahoooo...... came out.....verified all the docs which I have submitted...and went back to office...

Guys...I was lazying off at office today....didn't even write a single line of code :)

To be very frank, I never bothered about my INTEGRA verification.

Hope my message with cheer all those waiting for their ECs. I am more concerned about lion now-a-days. Lion, I want a blasting party from you once you get your EC.

hsmp_secunderabad
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_secunderabad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 pm

After collecting my passport at VFS Hyderabad, I thought of verifying my EC status one last time before dozing off. Here's the staus :

Status of your passport
Reference Number HYDR/051207/XXXX/XX
Application date 05 Dec 2007
Status Application received on 05 Dec 2007

The site still has not updated the status. :):)

LION, just go to VFS hyderabad and verify. Your passport might have reached them.

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:22 pm

HSMP_Secundrabad,

That was a real thriller, the way you narrated it. Congrats on your stamping.

Timeline says that, Between your submission and end of December, we had only 12 working days (Btwn 5 Dec and 31 Dec).

Working Days:

First Week - Seems to be processed as your case proves unless for extra ordinary circumstances.
Second Week - only 2 Working Days.
Third Week - 5 Working Days.
Fourth Week - 2 Working Days.
Last Week - 1 Workin Day.

Even if we safely take it as they are processing the second and third week applications, all third week ppl should be getting it before Friday.

Fourth and last Week may be between Jan 21 and 25

Jason

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 am

hi hsmp_secunderabad,

What a vivid narration to read at 8 AM in the morning :)

Congratulations !!

A tip to the others though - but someone pls confirm this - if it is a rejection , they will staple the rejection letter or whatever to the passport itself - so the second we pick the ppt in our hands we can know if visa has been stamped if there is nothing else stapled to ppt

AM I RIGHT ??? :shock:

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:57 am

It is really surprising that hsmp_secunderabad's ec stamped on Jan 4th or so , but they did not inform him to come and collect it at all for 12 days - and he came to know by enquiring himself :shock:

I had told ppl at home that i will come to know by checking online whether it is handed over to blue dart and will inform them to be at home the whole day accordingly - but as per hsmp_s 's post , we cant rely on the online status update's either :x

Incidentally , what does the status change to when we do not opt for blue dart courier - something like - passport ready for collection at vfs ?

and also surprising that BHC ppl not willing to disclose the result after dispatching the ppt ??? lots of shocks in h_s 's post :shock:

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 am

Kapil,
I got my reference number,in the mail which they replied from chennai visa enquiries..The Subject line of the mail was changed and it had "our reference number 778***" ...Hope this helps..

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:41 am

Guys,

Day 25 today.. :P

As usual called the BHC chennai & checked if they had attached the email to the case worker regarding my urgent travel plan..she replied.."Yes"..
Then i asked her see u said 25 days is max, now its 25 today...hw long shd i wait..she put me on hold,when she came back she said "Sir, i have checked with the caseworker and he has you application very much with thim and he will surely take a decision in 2 days, that is within tomorrow evening."
She said its definite that you shd get a decision either today or tomorrow..

Now the big twist is my immigration team in my comp has blocked a date at VFS hyderabad for submitting my WP visa docs on monday 21st ....so i need to get a result within sunday now.. :oops:
Lion

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:48 am

Lion,

In somecases, they have sent mail stating that ""you have been granted Entry Clearance"". Request them to send a similar mail which will help you to decide whether to go for WP submission or not. You can call them on Monday Morning before going to WP submission.

Even if they submit the WP, you have all the choices of withdrawing it once the HSMP EC is through. Stick on to the HSMP rather than WP as you will be more liberal in terms of changing employers once you reach there.

Jason

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 am

Second and third week of December applicants please update your status.

Jason

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:51 am

Lion, Also, how can you submit WP application without the originals that are already with BHC??? :roll:

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:54 am

Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad
Integra Report to BHC : Done on 2nd, 3rd Jan. (but Integra Was confused)
Final Status : Waiting....
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 am

Still Waiting
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 am

Jason7777

I cant submit anyway...i need the original passport back..tats y i said i need a decision within sunday..but me submitting on monday is not possible..since comp imigration told me just now that they blocked me a date thnkg i can give them required docs today..but i told my psaort is in BHC..then they said they wil book a later date seeing the result :cry:
Lion

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:04 am

Lion
Status that is seen by people in BHC (Other than case worker) may be very limited.

Application Recieved, Integra Report Recieved, Application Processed, Sent for reverification etc.,

Whether it is stamped or not, only the case worker can tell you by mail .

No one will open the sealed documents cover and the status will show only Applicaiton Processed.

So, send an email to the BHC by Friday evening before it closes and wait for the confirmation.

Jason.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:17 am

Hi Lion

Your case is drawing to a climax stage now ! I am glad to hear that they have committed to give you the results by tommorrow evening - but call again today and asked them to let you know the result over email / phone tommorrow even if the courier reaches only on monday - bcos of your office blocking appt for wp visa.

I really dont what they analyse for so long after getting integra report and all - home office is supposed to have already checked HSMP eligibility based on docs submitted ( we paid 400 GBP for that only right ? ), integra has verified the key docs submitted , they have databases right to check that there are no security concerns related to the applicants - thats leaves the caseworker only to decide if we have adequate accomodation arrangements and funds or job offer ??????? :?: :arrow: :!:

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:28 am

jason777,

You are right, i will do as you say and wil hope for the best..pray for me buddy...

Vidya,

you nailed it rightly, when the HO had done all the bull shitting at UK for giving the approval why the heck do BHC crib to take a decision even when all the checks are done..

I see ths immigration strategy to be a big time gamble by UK gov in luring asians at no real gain to them..with the numbers tat steve had shared lik 2 Lak visas per yearin india..on a average if we take the visa cost only as 10K(average of all category visas)...tat wud fetch them enormous money every year.... :oops:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 am

Lion,
Great to know that..But one Big suggestion for you..Writ your EC experience as one whole book..like chetan bhagat's "five point someone','One night at a call centre'...It will definitely be a great hit..lol..put the title with the points you claimed for HSMP...some thing like "85 points someone '"...Just kidding.. :P Hope everything turns out right for you by morrow... Cheers.. :P

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 am

Lion

I agree that they are making good money in india through visas - they are just using an opportunity created by us though :)

No one can blame us in the current scenario - indians cannot buy even a small apartment in bangalore now without working abroad for at least 2 years - and yet the property markets have spiralled only cos of NRI's buying - so it is a vicious circle to which there is no end ; and this is probably not the appropriate forum for me to elaborate any further :roll: :shock: :cry:

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:35 am

vidya

i can feel it and every SW engineer will agree to you...we have to pitty on us.. :cry: ..

whers stevemark??
Lion

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 am

lion686 wrote:vidya

i can feel it and every SW engineer will agree to you...we have to pitty on us.. :cry: ..

whers stevemark??
Just now came to office..as usual waiting continues...

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 am

true lion... but I think software and bpo industry shud be blamed for this situation... no one else...

gud see people are discussing some diff issues to come out of their frustration... just kidding... never mind...

lion gud luck to u... I think u shud receive an update by today eening...
Thanks...
Veeresh