ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by madmedman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 am

pixie12 wrote:
kaiser1977 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:I applied at exactly 3 years of being a resident here in Ireland, and got my approval letter with no complications or whatsoever. So i dont think there will be a problem with that. Just be sure that u signed it at the exact date that you are eligible to apply for naturalisation just to be safe. Goodluck with your application.
Thank you very much. Did you apply on the day you became eligible? I have been thinking to delay it by a week but if there is no problem then i want to apply straightaway on the same day the calculator shows me as eligible. Fingers crossed now.
I did apply on the exact day i was eligible to apply for citizenship. Exactly 3 years as i am a spouse of an irish national.
If u feel that u want to wait for a week to apply even if you're already eligible. Then it is up to u. Just saying that It will not be a big deal to them if u apply right away, as i got my approval with no problems or complications. Do whatever u will feel comfortable.
Thanks again pixie12, thats very reassuring. I am doing to apply straightaway. The main thing is eligibility. The day I become eligible, I will apply and will happily post my timeline here for the first time. Thank you and congratulations.

mahersab

Post by mahersab » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 am

Hy guys one of my friend get her Last stamp4 on September 2016 , as she live in outside dublin so she got gnib card after two week she got date on gnib card 16 09-15 but she receive gnib card after two week and immigration officers stamp on her passport on 01-10-15 , she want to apply citizenship now so if anyone know her time count from date on gnib card registered or date of immigration stamp on her passport
Thanks
Mahersab

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:30 pm

dad12345 wrote:
rgirish wrote:Hey,

Do they only send approval letters just before Ceremony or all year around? If I will miss this wave of approval letters for Sept ceremony. Shall i wait for another ceremony for approval letter or i will get anytime. Issuance of these approval letters are not related to the ceremony. My visa is expired in October thats why i am asking.

What would be the latest date we can get approval letter and still apply for the ceremony? for example if I got the approval letter 2 weeks before the ceremony will still i be able to apply to sept. ceremony?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks
Hi there,

I know someone who received the approval letter just a bit less than a month before the ceremony I think it was 27 days before.
Hi thanks, Did that person made to the ceremony?

What about after this sept. ceremony. Will they send the approval letters close to next ceremony ?

thanks

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:17 pm

rgirish wrote:
dad12345 wrote:
rgirish wrote:Hey,

Do they only send approval letters just before Ceremony or all year around? If I will miss this wave of approval letters for Sept ceremony. Shall i wait for another ceremony for approval letter or i will get anytime. Issuance of these approval letters are not related to the ceremony. My visa is expired in October thats why i am asking.

What would be the latest date we can get approval letter and still apply for the ceremony? for example if I got the approval letter 2 weeks before the ceremony will still i be able to apply to sept. ceremony?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks
Hi there,

I know someone who received the approval letter just a bit less than a month before the ceremony I think it was 27 days before.
Hi thanks, Did that person made to the ceremony?

What about after this sept. ceremony. Will they send the approval letters close to next ceremony ?

thanks
She received the approval letter, sent all documents straight away and got the invitation letter. It was very quick. She received the approval letter in less than 5 months. Very unusual.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:12 am

Hi all
Congratulations to all those who revived their approvals and invitations :)
Just wanted to ask has anyone tried contacting citizenship help line and got an answer been trying for the last few weeks and no answer.
Thanks in advance

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:32 am

Wife's invitation letter arrived at last, registration time a couple of hours after the others I've seen here so must be a few sessions.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:48 am

Hi All,

Anyone who made an application between April - May 2016 , if they can share the timeline:

Applied: 17.05.2016
1st letter: 17.06.2016
2nd letter: Waiting

Thanks,

Jani

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 am

Hello to everyone
Is anyone have any idea for the EU treaty visa that i applied around 9 months ago and last week on friday they(eu) range for to my wife's work place to make sure that she works there as she do work. Now anyone please know that how long it could be more,.@ llvlludi
Thanks

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 am

dhruv87 wrote:Hello to everyone
Is anyone have any idea for the EU treaty visa that i applied around 9 months ago and last week on friday they(eu) range for to my wife's work place to make sure that she works there as she do work. Now anyone please know that how long it could be more,.@ llvlludi
Thanks

Your stamp 4 is on the way, should have it in a week or 2. good luck mate!
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:21 am

llvlludi wrote:
Thanks

Your stamp 4 is on the way, should have it in a week or 2. good luck mate!
I hope the same frnd..
Thanks

p0nc1k
Newly Registered

Post by p0nc1k » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I received my invitation letter to the ceremony this morning.

Best of luck to anyone waiting.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi just want to ask, is it okay to be late for 30mins in the citizenship ceremony?? Will i wont be able to get my certificate of naturalisation if i was late for 15-30mins? Just have a doctors appointment an hour before the ceremony and dont know how fast will i be able to get in the ceremony venue.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 pm

p0nc1k wrote:Hello everyone,

Congrats !!! When did you apply?

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks

Hello

What stamp 4 are you talking about ?
Is it the EU1 or EU3 ?
I am because we are.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:05 pm

one2three wrote:
Thanks

Hello

What stamp 4 are you talking about ?
Is it the EU1 or EU3 ?
Its about the Eustamp4 on basis of married with an Eu national girl.
Waiting for 10 years visa stamp and still not any news its been 1week now..they rang last Friday on wife's work..

p0nc1k
Newly Registered

Post by p0nc1k » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 pm

I had applied in December 2015.
dad12345 wrote:
p0nc1k wrote:Hello everyone,

Congrats !!! When did you apply?

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello guys..
Its just an update on Eu stamp4.
Finallllly i have received my stamp4 after 10months..

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:53 pm

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys..
Its just an update on Eu stamp4.
Finallllly i have received my stamp4 after 10months..
Congratulation man, you well deserve it.
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:37 am

Just a quick update regarding my citizenship application..

As i mentioned in my previous posts, i submitted my citizenship application on 19th of Feb 2016 and on other hand i was waiting for my stamp 4 from EU treaty rights. I got my stamp 4 last month after a 10 months of wait.

Few weeks ago, I mailed my latest visa status to citizenship department. Today they sent me a letter saying that my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to 2nd stage, so i am officially on 2nd stage after 6 months. I guess, they were waiting for the decision on my EU Treaty Right application, so thats why my case is delayed.

I reckon, those who were waiting for stamp 4 and got one, Should send them copy of their latest stamp and gnib asap to keep their files moving.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:21 pm

llvlludi wrote:Just a quick update regarding my citizenship application..

As i mentioned in my previous posts, i submitted my citizenship application on 19th of Feb 2016 and on other hand i was waiting for my stamp 4 from EU treaty rights. I got my stamp 4 last month after a 10 months of wait.

Few weeks ago, I mailed my latest visa status to citizenship department. Today they sent me a letter saying that my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to 2nd stage, so i am officially on 2nd stage after 6 months. I guess, they were waiting for the decision on my EU Treaty Right application, so thats why my case is delayed.

I reckon, those who were waiting for stamp 4 and got one, Should send them copy of their latest stamp and gnib asap to keep their files moving.
HI there,

I got the conclusion they do not follow a paradigm, it is more like Russian roulette, if you are lucky your case is reviewed quicker. I know people they applied after you and got already the invitation letter and her visa was about to expire as well. I applied a week after you, sent all documents possible, I have a 10-year-visa and guess what, still initial processing. Nearly 6 months and still initial processing. There is always a picky one and it feels the person have pleasure in delay the process. Anyway, lost hope that will be invited for the ceremony in September.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Hey guys, I am about to submit my application. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but do I have to certify all pages of my current passport or just the bio date page?

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:43 am

Hi All,
Congratulations to All who got the invitation for Sep Ceremony, i had to go for 10 days due to an emergency back home. last week my wife got the Invitation letter for sep ceremony: her application was based on 5yrs residency as a EU citizen
Her timeline
Applied last week Jan2016
More document requested second week of feb 2016
Document provided third week of Feb 2016
Second stage letter first week of March 2016
Approval last week of June 2016 (paid 950)

She was student for 18 months and then we had a baby , never worked and didn't claimed any benefits , she was not well so i had to proved all of her medical letters.

I applied my Naturalization on 22nd July 2016 , Application received by Department on 25 July 2016 , No acknoledgment letter yet.
Now My EUFam visa is due to expire in Jan 2017 , can i extend my Visa as Irish Spouse once my wife gets her citizenship in september ? will that be on window or i have to apply ?
i contacted the INIS once i was told i can drop in to INIS office in Dublin they will extend it if i am living legally here in Ireland , but when second time i was told i have to apply with some documentation.
i am really confused at this stage, any one in this forum extended their visa to Irish Spouse stamp 4 on INIS Window ?
secondly , it seems citizenship department are not sending acknowledgment letters as they use to do in the past either they send an objection (require more documents) or send directly second stage letter, am i right ?

wasay999
Newly Registered

Post by wasay999 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:33 am

pixie12 wrote:Hi just want to ask, is it okay to be late for 30mins in the citizenship ceremony?? Will i wont be able to get my certificate of naturalisation if i was late for 15-30mins? Just have a doctors appointment an hour before the ceremony and dont know how fast will i be able to get in the ceremony venue.
If you're not there on time to collect your certificate and attend the ceremony, you'll be deffered to the next ceremony.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:35 pm

@kaiser1977

I guess you need to follow new version eu8 for your application.
Its bit different you might to send send all passport during residency
cheers
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi all,

I am just writing to you in relation to an email I received regarding to my citizenship application. Before I received this email I use to get a response saying my application was "being prepared to be submitted to minister for decision" but recently I got a reply from them saying my application "is currently in advanced stage" but they know the exact time frame but they'd get in touch with me as soon as a descion has been reached. So I was just wondering, is there a Major difference in these two e-mail and does this mean my application is closer than before so that I could get a final decision?