ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you need to provide payslips with form AN if applying as

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Do you need to provide payslips with form AN if applying

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:46 pm

hoping111 wrote:cs95tdg I guess you had a copy of the FOrm AN Guidance which was before June 2016 is that right?

Yeahh so frustrating as we read the guidance before the change, then put together the application/referees and by the time we posted it the change had taken place. We should have checked the day we sent it off if the Guidance had changed but we didnt, we checked to make sure form AN was still the same and it was but didnt check the guidance. :(

Hope someone else has or is in the same situation and we can find out what UKVI are doing with others in this situation?

Do you know of anyone else who maybe has forgotten to include an important document such as a Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate when applying for UK Citizenship and what UKVI did? ie did they write to them and ask them to supply the important document. I dont mean additional documents but important documents that are listed on the form to send.
I can understand your frustration. From the time I began filling my own AN form last year, I've seen around 5 different updates to it along with booklet and guide, not necessarily published at the same time. And then seen errors in the form, which they've corrected without announcing/publishing the fact that a correction was made. By the time I applied in November last year I had filled 3 versions of the form and was constantly checking associated guides/booklets for updates. Was frustrating at the time, so appreciate what you're going through.

I don't know anyone who has missed key supporting documents, such as those you've mentioned. But have seen others on this forum who have been requested to supply additional supporting documents and in some instances evidence to show that they meet the English language requirement. So requesting missing documents is something they do appear to do. If you are overly worried, what you could do is wait for the HO acknowledgment letter and then send the missing evidence along with a cover letter quoting the HO case reference number.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks, wish I could find someone who has forgotten to include a Key DOcument and what happened to them....So frustrating this is. Cant believe the changed the guidance and added that part just before we sent her application off... typical the timing of it too.

Has anyone else on here sent in their FORM AN without employment evidence since the change on 14 June 2016?

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:36 pm

It's strange
I applied through NCS last week and took all of my pay slips,P60s,P45 etc along tax return(as I'm self employed at same time).And lady at NCS told me no need emoluments documents.She only asked for latest tax return as a self employed and that's it.
It's weird..Its not my mistake even I asked her to send employment evidence but she said no need.
What would happen?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 pm

hoping111 wrote:Thanks, wish I could find someone who has forgotten to include a Key DOcument and what happened to them....So frustrating this is. Cant believe the changed the guidance and added that part just before we sent her application off... typical the timing of it too.

Has anyone else on here sent in their FORM AN without employment evidence since the change on 14 June 2016?
People forget to send proof of English or similar all the time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:44 pm

People forget to send proof of English or similar all the time.
Thanks thats reassuring, and what happened to those people? Did the Home Office simply request them to send it and didnt reject their application for UK Citizenship?

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Hoping 111,

Yes I am British citizen. My wife applied through NCS on 17 june, money deducted on 5 July. Biometric done on 11july.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:03 pm

sshah20 wrote:Hi Hoping 111,

Yes I am British citizen. My wife applied through NCS on 17 june, money deducted on 5 July. Biometric done on 11july.
sshah20 when did you receive an acknowledgement letter? did the acknowledgement letter state all the documents you sent them?

sshah20 what are you going to do about not submitting your wifes employment evidence? are you just gonna wait to see if they write to her and ask her for them?

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Hoping 111,

I will wait and see. If they asked about it then I will send. I think this is not a big issue. I have seen loads of cases on this forum where home office sent letters to the applicants for more information and docusures. I am sire that Now days home office definitely check each and every case with HMRC.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:18 am

On the required documents it says

SECTION 5 Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions:required for all applicants
except those covered by SECTION 4 above.
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK Or
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK
• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence of appeal applications
Or
• Evidence of being freely landed

However, we could not find the letter giving my wife permission to remain permanently in the UK when she got her ILR. We have sent her Biometric Residence card though and obviously her passport. But her passport doesnt have any thing in saying she has permission to remain permanently in the UK though? It has her Fiance Visa Stamp in but nothing like a permission to remain permanently stamp.

Will this be a problem? Has anyone else who didnt have the home office letter given permission to remain permanently or a passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK been sucessful with their UK Citzenship by sending their Biometric Residence Permit?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:25 am

hoping111 wrote:On the required documents it says

SECTION 5 Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions:required for all applicants

However, we could not find the letter giving my wife permission to remain permanently in the UK when she got her ILR. We have sent her Biometric Residence card though and obviously her passport. But her passport doesnt have any thing in saying she has permission to remain permanently in the UK though? It has her Fiance Visa Stamp in but nothing like a permission to remain permanently stamp.

Will this be a problem? Has anyone else who didnt have the home office letter given permission to remain permanently or a passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK been sucessful with their UK Citzenship by sending their Biometric Residence Permit?
You are overthinking this.

BRP fits the bill.
The letter that comes with BRP is boilerplate text and very generic (in my wife's case anyway) - it does not explicitly 'give permission to ...blah blah'.

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:02 am

londonukguy wrote:It's strange
I applied through NCS last week and took all of my pay slips,P60s,P45 etc along tax return(as I'm self employed at same time).And lady at NCS told me no need emoluments documents.She only asked for latest tax return as a self employed and that's it.
It's weird..Its not my mistake even I asked her to send employment evidence but she said no need.
What would happen?
Hi
one of my friend just been for his NCS appointment yesterday. He took all his P60s and palyslips and all employment documents.But NCS lady said they dont want any of those documents. Even she double check with someone..she said just write down tax office reference/ address on AN form.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:30 am

Well the payment has left our account and also my wife got a letter acknowledging the application and also the bio-metric letter.

Only thing I was worried about is that the letter lists the documents we sent with the application but it doesn't list the English Test and the Life in the UK test or the bio-metric residence card. It does mention supporting documents and has 3, but if you add them all up that they have listed and the 3 supporting documents it comes to around 3 less than how many documents we sent them. Hoping nothings gotten lost.

Has this happened to anyone else and they still got all their documents back?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:39 am

hoping111 wrote:Well the payment has left our account and also my wife got a letter acknowledging the application and also the bio-metric letter.

Only thing I was worried about is that the letter lists the documents we sent with the application but it doesn't list the English Test and the Life in the UK test or the bio-metric residence card. It does mention supporting documents and has 3, but if you add them all up that they have listed and the 3 supporting documents it comes to around 3 less than how many documents we sent them. Hoping nothings gotten lost.

You won't get LITUK certificate back.

BRP depends on the options you checked on the form.

You should ofourse have kept scans/copies of all evidence submitted together with form and payment details. (Even if you had applied via NCS).

You will ofcourse get English certificate back.

Relax and enjoy the Olympics; you're in for a long wait, especially as some caseworkers have kids and take vacations, so expect processing to slow down through summer.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

hoping111 wrote:Well the payment has left our account and also my wife got a letter acknowledging the application and also the bio-metric letter.

Not sure if you applied by post or by NCS. If NCS then technically there are no supporting documents that would be returned to you, as certified copies of everything necessary would have been submitted by the NCS.

I can confirm that I just had the one document listed under supporting documents in my HO acknowledgement letter, when I applied through NCS. In addition to that it also had a entry to say photocopied documents, and one application form. I assumed that the single supporting document would have been the original LITUK result sheet, which I was told would not be returned. I was given a copy to keep by NCS staff.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Thanks for the replies. My wife is now going to get her biometrics done at the post office, I wanted to know can she ask for proof that they have taken her biometrics?

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:25 pm

cs95tdg wrote:

Not sure if you applied by post or by NCS. If NCS then technically there are no supporting documents that would be returned to you, as certified copies of everything necessary would have been submitted by the NCS.

I can confirm that I just had the one document listed under supporting documents in my HO acknowledgement letter, when I applied through NCS. In addition to that it also had a entry to say photocopied documents, and one application form. I assumed that the single supporting document would have been the original LITUK result sheet, which I was told would not be returned. I was given a copy to keep by NCS staff.
She applied by post and not by the NCS. Hoping someone else had the same thing happen where they didn't list all the documents that were sent to them in the letter but someone got all their documents back.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:28 pm

You don't need to ask for proof, they will give you the HO sheet with barcode, and a sticker will be affixed to it with barcode reference, amount paid and the date/time.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks, she has now enrolled her biometrics at the post office. What does she need to do now. Does she need to send the home office the receipt they gave her at the post office and the letter that now has a sticker on it? How is the biometrics sent to the home office? Is it sent electronically or does the post office have to post it to the home office?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:43 pm

hoping111 wrote:Thanks, she has now enrolled her biometrics at the post office. What does she need to do now. Does she need to send the home office the receipt they gave her at the post office and the letter that now has a sticker on it? How is the biometrics sent to the home office? Is it sent electronically or does the post office have to post it to the home office?
You don't need to do anything. PO will sort it out.

You can get up to speed on biometrics enrolment here;
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_v5_0.pdf

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 pm

hoping111 wrote:Thanks, she has now enrolled her biometrics at the post office. What does she need to do now. Does she need to send the home office the receipt they gave her at the post office and the letter that now has a sticker on it? How is the biometrics sent to the home office? Is it sent electronically or does the post office have to post it to the home office?
Yes, all done electronically. It's out of her hands now until the HO come back with a decision or write for further information if required.

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm

hoping111 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

She applied by post and not by the NCS. Hoping someone else had the same thing happen where they didn't list all the documents that were sent to them in the letter but someone got all their documents back.

Hi
One of my friend applied for Naturalisation couple of week ago and NCS didn't asked for any Payslips/P60s. He took all this documents with him but NCS lady said no need of it just write down tax office reference on form. Even she double check with someone over phone and confirmed same.

Thanks
Jashbhai

Adaada
Newly Registered

Post by Adaada » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi guys,
where does it say, you need to be employed to get British Citizenship? Nowhere! P60 as a proof indicating your presence in UK in the last 5 years, because it's the easiest way to prove your presence. I am talking about EEA nationals, who already have DOPR, and they had to exercise the treaty rights to get it anyway. Am I right?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:40 am

This topic is not about whether an applicant needs to be employed.
Its about whether an applicant has to submit proof of NI if they were employed.

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 am

I have applied using NCS on 18th of August. I took all 10 years p60, utility bills etc with me but the guy in council didn't take any of the documents. He just checked my completed form and took original English test and LIUK tests with copies of my passport and ILR card.

Saga

Post by Saga » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:29 am

If I submit payslips, how many are needed? Would 12 months suffice?

Where can I find the tax office reference?

Thanks