ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)not available for collection

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)not available for collection

Post by gauravsundar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:27 am

Hi,

I got entry clearance on a Tier 2 general visa valid from July 21, 2016. I entered the UK with my spouse (dependent) on the 27th July and the BRP was supposed to be available for collection from the 28th July.
When I went to collect it from the Post Office, my spouse's BRP was available but mine has not been there till today (30th July).

I understand that I am supposed to collect it within 10 days of my arrival and my 30 day Vignette expires on 20th August. I will not be able to start working without my BRP.

Has anyone been in a similar situation where the dependent has got their BRP but the main applicant's BRP has not been available for collection?
Also, what must I do now? I have reported it on the gov.uk website but they will not respond immediately.

Anyone please advise me.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)not available for collec

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:31 am

Yes, many people have. Suggest try again in a few days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, many people have. Suggest try again in a few days.
Thanks.
Now must I inform home office that my start date will be delayed?
On my CoS, start date is mentioned as August 1st but my HR is not allowing me to join without the BRP.
Please advise ASAP.
Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:30 am

Not really.. it is not much of an issue.. take it easy

sdutta
Newly Registered

Post by sdutta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi.. I have a situation. I did not get my BRP within 10 days. My sponsor applied through the link provided on the website after 10th day. Today is the 5th day. We did not get any reply. My visa is going to be expired by Thursday. What should be the step I should take?

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm

sdutta wrote:Hi.. I have a situation. I did not get my BRP within 10 days. My sponsor applied through the link provided on the website after 10th day. Today is the 5th day. We did not get any reply. My visa is going to be expired by Thursday. What should be the step I should take?

I am in the same situation. My visa will expire next week. Did you get a letter mentioning when and where to collect your BRP? I called UkVI and they said that we don't need to leave even if our visa expires since there is some problem with the BRPs. You can call them and ask them to expedite your process. Number is on the gov.uk website. Please let me know what happens to your brp when you get it

sdutta
Newly Registered

Post by sdutta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:14 pm

My sponsor called them. They told that there is a grace period of 28 days. But they told it over phone and we don't have any written document or official statement yet. How can I trust the words over phone?

sdutta
Newly Registered

Post by sdutta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:16 pm

gauravsundar wrote:
I am in the same situation. My visa will expire next week. Did you get a letter mentioning when and where to collect your BRP? I called UkVI and they said that we don't need to leave even if our visa expires since there is some problem with the BRPs. You can call them and ask them to expedite your process. Number is on the gov.uk website. Please let me know what happens to your brp when you get it
I have that letter. But it does not help. It is written that the letter is not a permit to stay. You must have BRP

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Has your employer allowed you to start working?

sdutta
Newly Registered

Post by sdutta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 pm

gauravsundar wrote:Has your employer allowed you to start working?
Yes.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:42 pm

sdutta wrote:My sponsor called them. They told that there is a grace period of 28 days. But they told it over phone and we don't have any written document or official statement yet. How can I trust the words over phone?
Same problem for me too. He said we can stay after visa expires but there is no written communication. It is simply over the phone. This is turning into a nightmare for me. Anyone else can please advice what the next step will be in case visa expires and we have not got BRP?

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm

sdutta wrote:
Yes.
What will happen once your leave expires on thursday? Will they allow you to continue to work?

sdutta
Newly Registered

Post by sdutta » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:49 pm

gauravsundar wrote:
sdutta wrote:
Yes.
What will happen once your leave expires on thursday? Will they allow you to continue to work?

I had a long discussion with my sponsor and Indian embassy in London. They said that I can wait upto 28 days for BRP. But within this period, I am not eligible to work.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:15 pm

So your employment will lapse and you have to stop working now?

Do you have any idea what we must do to get the BRP? There is no number to call even.
I heard that your employer can conduct a Right to Work check with the Home Office and they can confirm that you can work.

Let me know if you get any additional information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 pm

sdutta wrote:I had a long discussion with my sponsor and Indian embassy in London. They said that I can wait upto 28 days for BRP. But within this period, I am not eligible to work.
What does the Indian Embassy have to do with your BRP or visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
sdutta wrote:I had a long discussion with my sponsor and Indian embassy in London. They said that I can wait upto 28 days for BRP. But within this period, I am not eligible to work.
What does the Indian Embassy have to do with your BRP or visa??
I am getting very stressed out about this. My BRP has still not come to the post office. Today I called the UKVI and they are not being helpful at all. They just tell us to fill out the online complaint form saying we are unable to collect the BRP. There is no response from the Home Office to these complaints at all. There is no one to call even. We are left clueless as to what we must do and our right to stay and work here.

Anyone with any information or who has been in this situation please advise? I am in a desperate situation now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:49 pm

This may help...
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/73 ... e-Permits-

It shows its happened before; its just a case of sit tight and wait.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mfasil
Newly Registered

Re: Delay in collecting BRP card

Post by mfasil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi All
I was in same situation. If you have a valid visa you can rent apartment using right to rent check option of uk government. Google right to rent. Agents can fill the on line form and home office will send them confirmation regarding your right to rent.
Regarding bank account, HSBC accepted letter from my organisation as a proof of address. Get a reference letter from your organisation with current address.

Hope this helps

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:38 pm

mfasil wrote:Hi All
I was in same situation. If you have a valid visa you can rent apartment using right to rent check option of uk government. Google right to rent. Agents can fill the on line form and home office will send them confirmation regarding your right to rent.
Regarding bank account, HSBC accepted letter from my organisation as a proof of address. Get a reference letter from your organisation with current address.

Hope this helps
Hi mfasil,

Can you please give me some more details about how as when you finally got your BRP? Did home office respond to any of your emails?

mfasil
Newly Registered

Post by mfasil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi
I was supposed to get my BRP on April 10, this year and I got it on May 15. I have filled on line form at uk.gov but they did not give any specific reason for the delay. I would recommend collecting the post office number and calling them on every other days. While searching on line I found number of cases with one month delay. So expect a month delay and prepare for that.

Hope you will receive good news soon

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:59 pm

mfasil wrote:Hi
I was supposed to get my BRP on April 10, this year and I got it on May 15. I have filled on line form at uk.gov but they did not give any specific reason for the delay. I would recommend collecting the post office number and calling them on every other days. While searching on line I found number of cases with one month delay. So expect a month delay and prepare for that.

Hope you will receive good news soon
Thanks so much. In that period while you were waiting, could you continue to work?

mfasil
Newly Registered

Post by mfasil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi
I have a tier-2-general visa, which my organisation was sponsoring. When they checked up with legal team, they got a response that I can continue to work as the delay in BRP is acknowledged by home office.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:16 pm

mfasil wrote:Hi
I have a tier-2-general visa, which my organisation was sponsoring. When they checked up with legal team, they got a response that I can continue to work as the delay in BRP is acknowledged by home office.
Thanks for your prompt responses. It's giving me hope!

What sort of acknowledgement did you get from home office that it is delayed? And did your sponsor confirm with the home office that you can continue to work without brp?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:38 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:24 pm

just an update: finally got my BRP! 15 days late.