ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - School Penalty Notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurram2015
Newly Registered

Form AN - School Penalty Notice

Post by khurram2015 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello,

I received a penalty notice for my child's absence from school which was paid within the required time. But I am not sure if I need to mention this in the AN form and if yes which part it would come under i.e., either as a criminal conviction, civil penalty or as a caution/warning/reprimand?
Please guide me as soon as possible as I don't have much time left before my JCAP appointment!

khurram2015
Newly Registered

Re: Form AN - School Penalty Notice

Post by khurram2015 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 pm

Could someone pleeeeeease reply!

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi ,

IMHO , just mention in the cover letter that you have been issued a school penalty notice and it's been paid in full and matter has not gone to court . I think there will be no effect on your AN application . I am not sure where to put on AN form . As i remember , during your AN appointment , they ask you for any penalty and give you a form ( declaration ) to fill . Please make sure you have mentioned to staff during your appointment . My suggestion is : write a cover letter with all necessary details .

Ali
Thanks

Ali

kamkhan
Newly Registered

Post by kamkhan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Hiya ,

I have mentioned in section 8 when I submitted my application In April.
Three months later , 2 weeks ago visa officer sent me a letter and asking about evidence.
Lucky I got written letter from local children Education centre and sent them back along with bank statement.

hope this information will help you.

khurram2015
Newly Registered

Post by khurram2015 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Hello,

Thanks very much for your replies!
I did exactly what you said i.e., I mentioned this in a cover letter and also told to the person in the JCAP appointment about it.
I agree with you that one should be transparent about these things.

Thanks again for the helpful advice!

asp

Post by asp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Good choice khurram2015.

A few low level FPNs won't prevent you meeting the good character test (3.8.c of the guidance) but trying to conceal them almost certainly would.

Honesty is the best policy as UKVI takes a sensible approach to this. They don't expect applicants to be saints, while the serious or persistent sinners (and liars) can expect a hard time!