ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Question and Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Cover Letter

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:29 am

by biqv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:26 am
Hi

Can somebody post the Sample Cover Letter for Spouse Visa.

Thanks
There isn't one and it is not really needed. All information HO needs is in the application form and Appendix.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:33 am

You will need to have the copy of your passport legally certified. Your should also ask your landlord for a letter confirming that your wife can live in the property with you.
You will have to submit more evidence of a genuine relationship than just the marriage certificate and photos. How do you keep in touch while you are apart?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Casa wrote:You will need to have the copy of your passport legally certified. Your should also ask your landlord for a letter confirming that your wife can live in the property with you.
You will have to submit more evidence of a genuine relationship than just the marriage certificate and photos. How do you keep in touch while you are apart?
Thanks for your reply.

What does the passport legally certified means? I have passport which was issued by Indian Government, will that be fine?

Reg. relationship evidence, we talk/chat on Whatsapp, Sometimes on skype, also most of my calls are from Microsoft Lync Application.

But all chats are in our regional language,

biqv
Mood:
India

Re: Dependant visa docs

Post by biqv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
biqv wrote:Thanks Everyone.

I am going to send below documents to my wife to apply Spouse VISA from India.

Application Forms:
1. Online Filled Application
2. APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013)
3. Cover Letter ( I am going to prepare)

proof of income: I am showing since July 2015 to June 2016
1. Personal & Business Bank Statements
2. PaySlips
3. Dividend Vouchers
4. CT600 & Receipt
5. P60
6. Tax Return

English Proof:
1. NARIC Letter Is this the English Language Assessment from NARC?? You also have to submit the degree certificate.

My Documents:
1. VISA Card Photo Copy
2. Passport Photo Copy
3. Sponsorship Undertaking document

Address Proof:
1. Rental Agreement from Land Lord Utility Bills, council tax.....??

Marriage Proof:
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Photos

Can somebody advise if i am missing any documents.

Thanks
Land Lord is paying those bills. So i don't have any proof on my name, But i have Voter polling card if it is accepted?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:51 am

"Certify a document as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person, like a solicitor."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:15 pm

Casa wrote:"Certify a document as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person, like a solicitor."
Thanks Casa

You mean My passport or my wife's passport?

Also can you please advise on Proof of marriage other than Marriage certificate and photos?

Thanks in advance

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:28 pm

With regards your financial documents there may be a few more that could potentially be included:

-Accountant letter - giving summary of how much was made in the Financial year , amount of dividends and corporation tax . Isn't actually required but looks good in my opinion.

-Employee/client letters - I had two letters from my employers indicating they were planning to use my services longterm- they put in number of protracted hours a month and estimated salary for that time. This shows evidence of ongoing employment.

-Companies house incorporation documents
-Initial hmrc letter with paye references - I got these stamped by accountant and signed by him.
-Unaudited accounts with certificate of confirmation from accountant
-Current appointments report

I can remember sending these documents when I applied.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Casa wrote:"Certify a document as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person, like a solicitor."
Can someone who is director of Limited Company Sign my True copy of my passport?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:07 pm

No.
(Casa, not CR001)

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 am

Hi

to provide Relationship Evidences,

We both had Google Chat since our marriage, but we used mixed languages English and Regional Language. Can we Submit to UKBA? or do i need to to appoint translator?

thanks

biqv
Mood:
India

Appendix 2VAF 4A question

Post by biqv » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi

My Wife from India is going to apply a spouse visa. So i am filling Financial Requirement Form and got doubt on Page 9 (3.58 Category F)
Does your sponsor’s self employment earnings (before tax) in the last full financial year meet or exceed the financial requirement you must
meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
I Said Yes, It asked me go to to Part 3D.

But Part 3D Says "Part 3D Income from other non-employment sources"

Do i need to fill this Part3D? If i need to fill, Do i need to fill all sections such as source of income, contacta detils for source of income, last 12 months and etc?

My earnings are through Salary and Dividends from my Limited Company. and i am earning more than the requirement £18,600

Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Speaking from personal experience, I also know that the categories of supporting documents you may construct, to order list the documents in some sort of "logical" order, are probably not going to be the same categories that UKVI use. The application centre in Moldova was grateful for the list of supporting documents I gave them to show them what there is. However, they did not use the same document groups I used when they sent the documents off to Warsaw. So it's not really that important what the document groupings you give are or in what order the documents you present to them are. They have their own system. They just want you to supply them a list of the documents you have n any order.

They also advised that UKVI will return to me any original supporting documents supplied. Not sure if this is true, so have to wait to see.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:07 pm

biqv wrote:Hi

to provide Relationship Evidences,

We both had Google Chat since our marriage, but we used mixed languages English and Regional Language. Can we Submit to UKBA? or do i need to to appoint translator?

thanks
The ECO will be more interested in seeing that you are communicating regularly, not the content of your conversations. FYI, the UKBA was disbanded in March 2013 due to being unfit for purpose and was superseded by the UKVI in April 2013.
(Casa, not CR001)

sunoo
United Kingdom

Re: Appendix 2VAF 4A question

Post by sunoo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 am

More information required. If your main salaried job is more than 18600 then just put 6 payslips and 6 bank statements. Please ensure the salary figure on payslips are matching the ones on statements. ECO may contact you or your employer to verify this information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Question and Help

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:28 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)