ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting: FLR(M)-Advise & Documents check list please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Requesting: FLR(M)-Advise & Documents check list please

Post by raoraorao » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Requesting: FLR(M) - Advise & Documents check list please

Dear Friends

Firstly apologies for the really long post, but we felt its better to provide as much information as possible so that we will get the best advise for our situation.

My wife's spouse visa is getting expired by 20th of this month.
We are planing to go for the premium service(Croydon) for the first time, may be next week as wife have plans to go to India soon.

Can you please advise on completing the FLR(M) form as well as check the list of documents we are planing to provide please.

Many many thanks for your help in advance.

======================
Background:
======================

I was on ILR visa(10 years route) when we got married in 2013, India.
My wife got spouse visa for 33 months (form:VAF4A) in India.

Spouse visa valid from : November 2013
Spouse visa valid until : August 2016
She moved to UK: January 2014

I became naturalised: November 2014

In the UK, my wife took my surname, changed her signature, added my name as spouse in her passport.
So we received new Indian passport, as well as updated her new details at UKBA(using Transfer Of Conditions form), she got her first Biometric card (valid from: June 2015)

I understand that now my wife need to extend her stay for another 2.5 years, after completing 5 years, she can apply for ILR then apply for British Citizenship on the grounds of living with British spouse for 3 years.

======================
FLR(M) Form:
======================

Can you please check and confirm if our assumptions in filling specific sections of the form below are right or wrong please:

Here is the link to form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf

Section 2 - Under which category are you applying for leave?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

SELECTED: YES

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

SELECTED: NO, as my wife applied for her visa (entry clearance) from India earlier

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

2.3.1. First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

2.3.2. Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).
FLR(M) Version 04/16 Page 12 of 76

SELECTED: 2.3.1 (because my wife's first visa in India was entry clearance and this is her first visa extension as leave to remain)
Are we right in understating this? not sure between options 2.3.1. and 2.3.2.

Section 3 - Your sponsor’s details
-------------------------------------------------------------
3.17 Has your sponsor previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
Yes
No

Not sure which one to select?
Is it YES or NO?
I only sponsored my wife once to get her entry clearance to UK from India. But no one sponsored me.

Section 7A - Financial requirement
Section 7B - Maintenance

------------------------------------------------
My wife never worked in the UK, I am responsible for her financials.
So I am showing my salary (>18,600 and >5years with same employer) as proof of income

Section 7C - Accommodation
------------------------------------------------
I am living in a rented studio flat since Jan 2012.

I continued to live in the same flat when my wife joined me in Jan 2014.

But she never included in the agreement, although my landlord and rental agency know that she is living there.

I have following tenancy contracts:

Before marriage, fixed term contracts:
1 year - 20Jan2012 - 19Jan2013
6 months - 20Jan2013 - 19July2013
6 months - 20July2013 - 19Jan2014

After wife moved to UK, we went for rolling/Open periodic tenancy from:
20Jan2014 to 31August2014
[Email from my landlord confirming my request on Open periodic tenancy]

Fixed term contract again on my name only:
6 months: 01Sep2014 - 28fEB2015
6 months: 01March2015 - 31Aug2015
1 year: 01Sep2015 – 31Aug2016

I am wondering if the above contracts/documents is sufficient to prove that we have sufficient accommodation? I used the same documentation to get my wifes first spouse visa in India.

Also as you can see my current rental agreement (01Sep2015 – 31Aug2016), it finishes by end of this month. But we are planing to buy a house some point if possible, so we may go back again on rolling contract. I also have proofs that I tried to buy a house couple of months ago.

Section 8 - English Language Requirement
------------------------------------------
I applied for UK NARIC certificate back in 2013, my wife used this certificate as a proof for "Having a Degree taught in English" in India to get her spouse visa.

Looks like now UK NARIC specifically producing certificates for UKBA at premium price. So we are not sure if our old certificate is still valid or should we need to get new certificate?

She also have letters from Indian universities suggesting that her degree courses were taught in English.

=================================
Documents check-list
=================================

1. Application form:
1.1. FLR(M) application form:

2. Applicants Passport/Visa:
2.1. Current Passport: [Document type: Original]
2.2. Previous Passport: [Document type: Original]
2.3. Biometric Card: [Document type: Original]
Applied in the UK using Transfer Of Conditions (TOC) to reflect change of surname, passport, and signature:

3. Sponsor/Spouse Covering Letter

4. Spouse/Sponsor Passport [Document type: Photocopy]
4.1. Current British passport:

5. Financial Requirement (Sponsor’s)
5.1. Letter from the employer: Confirming the salary, contract period and position [Document type: Original]
5.2. UK HMRC P60 documents: Past 3 years [Document type: Online]
5.3. Pay slips: Past 31 months(Since wife moved to UK) [Document type: Online]
5.4. Bank statements: Past 31 months confirming salary deposit [Document type: Original]

6. English Language Requirement - Met by “Having a Degree taught in English”
6.1. UK NARIC(2013): Comparability certificate confirming applicant’s qualifications to UK qualifications [Document type: Original]
6.2. Master of Business Administration: [Document type: Original]
6.3. Letter from the MBA College(2013): Confirming the medium of education is English [Document type: Original]
6.4. Letter from the BSc College(2013): Confirming the medium of education is English [Document type: Original]
6.5. Bachelor of Science (BSc) certificate [Document type: Original]
6.6. Intermediate certificate [Document type: Original]
6.7. Secondary school certificate [Document type: Original]

7.Evidence of Marital Status & Subsisting Relationship

7.1. Marriage:
7.1.1. Marriage certificate attested by the government [Document type: Original]
7.1.2. Wedding invitations [Document type: Original]
7.1.2.1. Grooms family
7.1.2.2. Brides family
7.1.3. Marriage photos [Document type: Original]

7.2. Accommodation:
7.2.1.Tenancy agreements on my name only:
Assured shorthold tenancy agreements:
7.2.1.1: 20/01/2012 – 19/01/2013 [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.2: 20/01/2013 – 19/07/2013 [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.3: 20/07/2013 – 19/01/2014 [Document type: Original]

We though of changing home, so went for open periodic tenancy agreement (monthly rolling contact):
7.2.1.4: 20/01/2014 – 31/08/2014 [Document type: Original]

Assured shorthold tenancy agreements:
7.2.1.5: 01/09/2014 – 28/02/2015 [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.6: 01/03/2015 – 31/08/2015 [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.7: 01/09/2015 – 31/08/2016 [Document type: Original]

We are also planning to purchase a house, so we may request for open periodic tenancy agreement next:
7.2.1.8: Mortgage approval in principal [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.9: Cash savings for the mortgage [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.10: Our attempts at buying a house earlier this year, which didn’t succeeded [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.10.1: Memorandum of sale [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.10.2: Solicitor letter [Document type: Original]
7.2.1.10.3: Mortgage illustration [Document type: Original]

7.3. Bills/Letters/Others in JOINT NAMES:

7.3.1.Council tax bills:
7.3.1.1. Years: 2016-2017 [Document type: Original]
7.3.1.2. Years: 2015-2016 [Document type: Original]
7.3.1.3. Years: 2014-2015 [Document type: Original]
7.3.1.4. Years: 2013-2014 [Document type: Original]

7.3.2.Water bills:
7.3.2.1. Year: 2016 [Document type: Original]
7.3.2.2. Years: 2015 [Document type: Original]
7.3.2.3. Years: 2014 [Document type: Original]
7.3.2.4. Years: 2013 [Document type: Original]

7.3.3.Holiday to celebrate Marriage anniversary:
7.3.3.1. Confirmation for Paris [Document type: Online]
7.3.3.2. Flight Itinerary [Document type: Online]
7.3.3.3. Boarding Pass [Document type: Online]
7.3.3.4. Accommodation [Document type: Online]

7.3.4.Two together rail card:
7.3.4.1. Years: 2015-2016 [Document type: Original]
7.3.4.2. Years: 2014-2015 [Document type: Original]

7.3.5. Joint bank account:
7.3.6. Letters and electoral cards from council

7.4.Bills/Letters on INDIVIDUAL NAMES:

7.4.1.Applicant:

7.4.1.1. Bank account statements:
7.4.1.1.1. Year: 2016 [Document type: Original]
7.4.1.1.2. Years: 2015 [Document type: Original]
7.4.1.1.3. Years: 2014 [Document type: Original]

7.4.1.2.Another Bank account statements:
7.4.1.2.1. Year: 2016 [Document type: Original]
7.4.1.2.2. Years: 2015 [Document type: Original]
7.4.1.2.3. Years: 2014 [Document type: Original]

7.4.1.3.Letters from Home office (2016)
7.4.1.4.Letters from NHS (2014-2016)
7.4.1.5.Letters from Department for Work & Pensions (2014)

7.4.2.Sponsor:

7.4.2.1.Sponsor credit card account statements
7.4.2.1.1. Years: 2014 [Document type: Original]
7.4.2.1.2. Years: 2015 [Document type: Original]
7.4.2.1.3. Years: 2016 [Document type: Original]

7.4.2.2.Sponsor UK HMRC TAX letters
7.4.2.2.1. Years: 2013-2014 [Document type: Original]
7.4.2.2.2. Years: 2014-2015 [Document type: Original]
7.4.2.2.3. Years: 2015-2016 [Document type: Original]
7.4.2.2.4. Years: 2016-2017 [Document type: Original]

----

Sorry once again for the long post, and many thanks for your time and help in advance.

Cheers
Rao..

rivercam

Re: Requesting: FLR(M)-Advise & Documents check list please

Post by rivercam » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:52 am

Hi,

I will try and answer as much as I can, I've recently done FLR(m) at PEO.

One general comment though is you need to cut down your documents to required minimum. When application asks you 6 why submitting 31? Caseworker need to photocopy the documents and imagine how long it will take him to do during your appointment time.

2.3.1 correct

3.17 correct and you put NO

you need select section 7A and fill in the salary details and you don;t need to fill in section 7B.

for 7C, the present contact, a simpler cover letter explaining your intentions/attempts to buy and hence the reason for rolling contract.

Section 8: You need both statement of comparability(SOC) and English Language assessment (ELA) from NARIC along with original degree. You can try your luck by SOC + University Letter and degree.

Document List
5.1 Yes
5.2 P60 for current year (even this one is not mandatory as it is not covering all your earnings period in claim)
5.3 6 payslips enough (make sure the last payslip is not older than 28 days from application date)
5.4 6 Bank statements enough (make sure the last statement is not older than 28 days from application date)

6.1 Yes (consider if you can get ELA as well)
6.2 Yes
6.3 yes
6.4 to 6.7 not required (You need one degree qualification which NARIC is confirming the requirement)

7.1 Yes
7.1.2 to 7.1.3 not required

7.2 Accommodation - as suggested above.

7.3 If you have 6 documents in Joint names spread over last two years then submit those and cutdown the rest.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:09 pm

I understand your anxiety in preparing for the PEO appointment as we were there last week...

Only supply what is required - you will be submitting way too much in the list you provided.

Accommodation - I asked my landlord to supply an additional letter confirming that it was ok for my husband to continue to live in my flat as I had been living there before he came to the UK but he has not been added to the tenancy. It may be worth you trying to do the same as confirmation. You only need the current tenancy agreement/arrangement.

Financial requirement - You only need the P60 for the last financial year. Depending on what category you are applying under you only need 6 or 12 payslips/corresponding bank statements assuming you are paid monthly. If payslips were issued online are they stamped or accompanied by a letter from your employer confirming they are genuine.

As already mentioned you need to cut your correspondence down drastically. I supplied 20 letters in total and extras only because I had nothing addressed to me for the first 8 months my husband was in the UK, but you don't have that issue so just provide the required 6 joint/12 individual letters evenly covering the period since your wife's arrival.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Dear rivercam, thank you so much for your advise and comments.

1) Point taken, we will cut down the documents to the least required.(6 items in joint names over 2years period)

As a backup option we will take the rest of the documents, just in case if they need further proofs on the appointment date.

2) Regarding English language requirement: To get spouse visa in India, my wife provided UK SOC, original degree certificates, and letters from the university.

We hope we can try the same here as they are already accepted these documents before as well as they satisfy the below requirements:

---
4. If your degree was taught or researched in English
- If your degree isn’t from a UK university,:
A) you’ll need your original degree certificate and:
b) an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree,
c) plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
--

But for future applications (ILR, etc) I think its better to get one the below, but not sure which one is sufficient:

UK NARIC New(>06/04/2016) VisasAndNationality service: @125+vat
http://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/

Or

UK NARIC ELA @46+vat + previous SOC

Many thanks again.

Rao

rivercam wrote:Hi,

I will try and answer as much as I can, I've recently done FLR(m) at PEO.

Last edited by raoraorao on Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Many thanks @SoHopeful for your comments/advise.

Yes, now we are sure to cut down the paper work, as well as will try to get an email from Landlord. Thanks for the idea.

Can you please let me know If I can go inside PEO office along with my wife? Or only applicants are allowed go inside the office?

Thanks again.
Rao.

SoHopeful wrote:I understand your anxiety in preparing for the PEO appointment as we were there last week...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:55 pm

raoraorao wrote:Can you please let me know If I can go inside PEO office along with my wife? Or only applicants are allowed go inside the office?
You are expected to attend with your spouse as her sponsor so yes, you will be allowed in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Great, many thanks @CR001
CR001 wrote:
raoraorao wrote:Can you please let me know If I can go inside PEO office along with my wife? Or only applicants are allowed go inside the office?
You are expected to attend with your spouse as her sponsor so yes, you will be allowed in.