ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian visa query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anndeep

Indian visa query

Post by Anndeep » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello

Please could you let me know where I can get all the information to apply for Indian visa (6 months to a year). Do I need to go in person to VFS or I can apply online? Which is quicker? What is the fee? What documents required?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indian visa query

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:04 am

A simple Google search is always useful :shock:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks I have checked the link in the past. It doesn't indicate how much is the fee (in amount), it doesn't tell where the application form is available either.
In how to apply section the page provides information on know your jurisdiction and book an appointment.

Where is the application form and how much is the fee please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Did you take the time to read this in the link?
"The visa fee depends upon the type of applied for and duration of visa. Visa fee is divided into various types depending upon the case viz; Basic fee, special fee, processing fee by out-sourcing agency. During the online registration process, at the end of the process the basic fee shall be displayed. However, this fee shall be indicative only and final fee shall be charged while submitting the application at the respective counters"

and this?
All Individual visa seekers are requested to apply for the Indian Visa through Online application link , in order to make an application for getting the Indian visa.
You need to register and apply online before you are able to print a copy of the application form. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Many thanks for the helpful response.

I still can't find the link to complete the application form!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Anndeep wrote:Many thanks for the helpful response.

I still can't find the link to complete the application form!
See the edit to my post above.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info1.jsp
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.