ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence certificate / card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eksbee
Newly Registered

Residence certificate / card

Post by eksbee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi,

My non eea wife has a biometric residence card which states "Spouse/partner Leave to remain" and "work permitted" we wanted to travel to Greece for holiday, however the visa application centre have said, this is not enough and that we have to provide extra proof. This is infuriating as we go through enough just getting a leave to remain visa in the first place!! They do state on their website if you have one of these documents "http://www.vfsglobal.com/greece/unitedk ... tation.jpg" that you can just travel without visa as long as to member is with you.

I have noticed a lot of other European countries also have this same rule.

My question is how do I get one of these, so that we can avoid this lengthy visa process everytime we want to holiday.

I look at form EEA(FM) but wasn't sure if this was just another form for the biometric (which she already has).

Please could somebody help me into the right direction

noajthan

Re: Residence certificate / card

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:53 pm

eksbee wrote:Hi,

My non eea wife has a biometric residence card which states "Spouse/partner Leave to remain" and "work permitted" we wanted to travel to Greece for holiday, however the visa application centre have said, this is not enough and that we have to provide extra proof. This is infuriating as we go through enough just getting a leave to remain visa in the first place!! They do state on their website if you have one of these documents "http://www.vfsglobal.com/greece/unitedk ... tation.jpg" that you can just travel without visa as long as to member is with you.

I have noticed a lot of other European countries also have this same rule.

My question is how do I get one of these, so that we can avoid this lengthy visa process everytime we want to holiday.

I look at form EEA(FM) but wasn't sure if this was just another form for the biometric (which she already has).

Please could somebody help me into the right direction
If you are a BC and wife is on UK immigration route then she has a UK BRP issued under UK Immigration Regulations.

You are not considered to be an EU national (under UK law - even before Brexit) and so wife does not have an EU family member Residence Card.
Moreover, despite all the VAT you pay in daily life, you cannot avail of the EU migration route (and documentation).

Wife needs a Schengen visa to travel to a Schengen zone country such as Greece.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.