ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC. Queries on further steps

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:44 am

Ashish

Please refer my post on the "travelling to UK March-May thread" , awaiting your inputs.

Thanks a lot,

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi ashishashah,
Its the last 12 months which counts..
Thanks for shedding light on this aspect. Of course, my current employer will give me UK payslip mentioning *only* Net pay in pounds if I go now on deputation by current employer. Also apart from the UK payslip for that month I will get Indian payslip for Basic India salary paid. I think this is the norm with the IT companied in India sending their employees to UK.
It is just that in my case I have to convince my India employer to send me on hsmp and not to bother with applying for work permit. They should agree to that I guess because cost of WP is saved on their part.

Only problem is that normally my company does not give p60 to UK deputed employees which I think is necessary for FLR. Otherwise if my current Indian employer can give p60 at end of 2 years, then along with just UK payslips and UK bank statements corroborating those payslips it would be enough to comfortably get through FLR.
In this case a person like me would not event have to resign from current India Job as every thing is taken care of. There would be no risk and I could carry on with India job in UK deputation and for FULL 2 years and easily get FLR and be able to HSMP status.

I have been thinking of taking this option but there is no gaurantee that compnay will give p60 at the end of second year. Then FLR is at hugh risk.
I thought of taking this option because one of my coleuges who stayed on UK deputation for 2 years from my current Indian employer told me that his salary was more that salary for a UK national of same designation employed with client company (i.e. the UK registered company). This fact makes thinking of this option rather compelling.

I have just put down my thoughts regarding this. My appologies if above seems irrelevent :P

regards.
Andy

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm

All in all, to me, it seems conclusive that , no matter how good your current Indian employer is in terms of UK-pay, cooperative regarding P60/HSMP-FLR etc. , once you get clearence on initial HSMP, it is better to choose to join a "Registered in England" firm.

What say?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:10 pm

My view point is you can come to UK through the Indian company in the beginning to have a foot hold in UK.

But dont plan for long term with Indian company if you are having HSMP

Being a HSMP holder our goal is the settle in UK, not to return back to India. In that case UK based company is the best choice. Indian companies wont pay well, they will take major part of income to them and will pay you less. Some Indian companies even use to cheat UK govt in tax issues and wont give you proper tax returns. With those type of companies our HSMP extension will become difficult.

My suggestion is you can come to UK through your Indian company (without signing any bond) and try to switch to a UK based company as early as you can

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 am

andy,

As we are in the same boat, I'm thinking of asking my employer to issue P60 if gone to UK with the current employer.Still i have some doubts ,

1) The pay slips which has only NET pay and no deductions for Tax etc. are not useful at the time of filing FLR ?

2) Are there any cases at your current employer where P60 is being issued to them ? If not is there any other workaround/alternative to this while filing for FLR ?

3) Have you filed for EC ? And if not if your employer agrees to send you to UK on WP, what are your plans regarding EC? Are you going to file it (FLR ) at UK and then switch from WP to HSMP ?

4) Anyone else in this forum can help us out ? Anyone who has done
it before please help !

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:44 am

Hi Chetan,

Yes, our situation is very similar. Fact is, in my current India job, I am quite well settled and hence trying to get my company to give me a short trem UK assignment. I doubt that indian employer will give P60 though.

Following are some of the answers to your doubts:

1) The pay slips which has only NET pay and no deductions for Tax etc. are not useful at the time of filing FLR ?
I do not have an idea about this. To counter this , what I am going to do is , just before the start of second year of HSMP period , I will switch to a UK company, so I get FLR comfortable. I will not take chances with FLR reling with Indian company. Not to speak bad of Indian company , but I am not sure whether HO will accept the "special" payslips that indian employer will give.

2) Are there any cases at your current employer where P60 is being issued to them ? If not is there any other workaround/alternative to this while filing for FLR ?
I have not come accross any such case in my company. I looked in the FLR guidance but did not find any alternative. Basically, FLR rules are just as strict as the initial HSMP rules!

3) Have you filed for EC ? And if not if your employer agrees to send you to UK on WP, what are your plans regarding EC? Are you going to file it (FLR ) at UK and then switch from WP to HSMP ?
Yes, I have already got EC starting from Jan 03 2008. In my case, I did not have a WP from my Indian employer before HSMP. The current HSMP is my first workpermit ever. So I have to start something asap as my EC clock has already started.

4) Anyone else in this forum can help us out ? Anyone who has done
it before please help !

Yes, anyone having similar situation, please add your experiences.

Our situation is very similar. Do keep me updated regarding your EC plans. And let me know if you have any doubts :)

regards,
Andy

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:33 am

Hi andy ,

Thanks a lot for your answers. you can get in touch with me at chetanamale@gmail.com.I have further doubts as below :)

1) Now if say your employer goes for Work permit for you,is stamping of both EC and WP allowed ?

2) If yes, when you will go to UK what will be considered at the Immigration , your are on EC or on WP ?

3) Would you like to prefer to go to UK on WP and then switch on HSMP Visa or go directly on HSMP visa ? And in both cases why ?

4) As mentioned in above question,if you preferred to go to UK on WP,
and then switch to HSMP, are there any procedures need to be followed( taking permission from HO etc..) or its a clean and easy process ?

5) As far i know, if you prefer to go to UK with current employer on HSMP Visa , you have to get offer letter from UK branch of your current employer.If this is the case , then do you need to resign here in India and then rejoin at UK ?

Others please try to answer, need your guidance too ....

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Chetan,
Some of the comments below.

1) Now if say your employer goes for Work permit for you,is stamping of both EC and WP allowed ?
As far as I know, the answer is no, but do check with other senior members. I think at a time only one visa can be given.

2) If yes, when you will go to UK what will be considered at the Immigration , your are on EC or on WP ?
-Again as much I have read in this forum only one visa is considered.

3) Would you like to prefer to go to UK on WP and then switch on HSMP Visa or go directly on HSMP visa ? And in both cases why ?
-I would prefer to go directly on HSMP visa because in that case you are not bound to your employer.

4) As mentioned in above question,if you preferred to go to UK on WP,
and then switch to HSMP, are there any procedures need to be followed( taking permission from HO etc..) or its a clean and easy process ?
-I do not have much idea on switching process.

5) As far i know, if you prefer to go to UK with current employer on HSMP Visa , you have to get offer letter from UK branch of your current employer. If this is the case , then do you need to resign here in India and then rejoin at UK ?
-I don't think one needs letter from UK branch as you mentioned above. Once EC is granted , you are free to enter UK for taking up employment.

Basically, my employer is not interested in giving me any UK onsite project. So I have to think of other plans.

Regards,
Andy

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 am

someone has just confirmed me that both EC and WP can be stamped on your passport(But im not 100% sure if its true).Need inputs from forum senior members....

Andy drop me and mail to my personal id we will be in touch...it will help us..

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 am

chetanamale@gmail.com wrote:someone has just confirmed me that both EC and WP can be stamped on your passport(But im not 100% sure if its true).
I advice you, not to put any information without any genuine source. Specially, if it is misleading, as in this case.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:46 am

If your employer wants to send you to UK , let him send you on HSMP..Why does he want to apply for WP(which will cost him money)??so that you cannot leave him and he can treat you like a slave once u come to UK...
Dont fall for it..Never give up HSMP if you take my advice..

Ashish

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_stb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Intersting - you guys have already got HSMP and now trying to get work permit as well !!

Point no. 1 - If you have not paid any tax to U.K. Govt., you have not worked here at all.

I have came here in the end of Nov. and got more than one job in first week.

To me, If you are willing to take a job in UK firm, Apply online, See the response - Give few telephonics, Before coming here, fix atleast two/three face to face interview in UK.

And, If you are able to fixup some face to face from India then most probabily you will get job here for sure in first week, then getting one job atleast in hand, look for more jobs depending upon location/salary.

Resign from india office as soon as you start feeling confident. (no paid leave deduction)

You can also bargain good if you have more than one offer. Also don't worry, all your flight costs etc.. will be re-imbursed. (very common here)

You have advantage also if you can start working immidiately as well. rather than joing a month later.

I have followed this simple looking path, reason being late you start working here less you earn w.r.t (India/UK). It is not risky but confident.

So, Point is, Plan yourself, according to feedback of your resume on jobsites !!

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 am

rahul,

that was nice to share your experience ! Have you started looking for jobs even before HSMP approval or after that ? I know some of the common job sites online.Still can you list most prominent one's in your case and also tell us any precautions to take, while doing online job search.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 am

I agree with Rahul.
It is not that difficult, as mentioned in some post. Just make sure, you have right experience and skills. That you can asses by seeing response to your CV.
Mind you, I'm very terrible, when it comes to English speaking. But , I've compensated that with my skills.
So don't worry about your soft skills. My assumption is, interviewer will understand that, English is not the language, we use in day to day usage.

But, keep your plan B ready, if you do not get any opportunity in initial X days.

Only thing I always mentioned is you need to have proper plan ready before landing here.

I'd four interiews lined up for first week here. And got an offer on second day itself(It's permanent job ).

But, most important thing, asses your self very well. Does skills and experience you have are really worth ?

Because, in India, people are proud to be called "having experience in managing project", though they are in industry for 5 years. And everbody know, what project management in India means.

You need to keep aside such things. People with 15 years of experience can be developer,senior developer. And you need to capable of doing things.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Andy,

Just an outline. Since you're not married and got no loans, its worth resigning ur current job, coming to UK and get a job within 2-3 months max. Ofcourse, plan ur trip only at a time when the jobs are afloat in the market. I think sticking to ur Indian company is crap, since they wont pay you the same as an UK co does.
Since you are around 2yrs experienced, you need to fight a bit with the recruiters to get a good rate, for a consulting position, since they say all crap regarding lack of good experience and lack of UK exp. However, you still stand a good chance of getting a better rate that your indian co.
One more thing which other members already mentioned, you won't be considered for a position/interview UNLESS you are available physically in the UK. Only then would recruiters process your CV, and the logical next step continues.

I am married, got huge home loans back in India, have 8+ yrs exp, resigned my senior role in Motorola and came here, landed a senior role in just 2-3 weeks. I took a big risk, but the chances were bright.

So, plan accordingly.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sai

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:49 am

hi sai :

Any good job sites,consultant list etc.. you can help us with ? Also let us know

any job search tips you adopted .

thanks.

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:46 am

Hi,

Most of the people in this thread are in the same boat as I am. I have already resigned from my company and am planning to leave for UK last in week of jan. I have more than 4yrs exp in telecom. And unfortunately havent been able to schedule any interviews till now. But I am optimistic and hopefully should land up with a job in the 2 months window I have in UK. If anyone can help me out in giving me contacts in Telecom operator/vendor/software it will be of great help.

Thanks,
Naveen.

gsurendra

My initial experience

Post by gsurendra » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 pm

After posting my resume in few job sites I got a call from an agency. The caller informed me what I could expect based on my skills, which sounded low to me. He said i cannot get my expected amount as I am not a British guy, and also because I do not have UK experience, communction etc.

I am a bit surprised to know about discrimination for not being British, as nobody has posted such experience in this forum. Did anybody else have a similar experience?

Surendra

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Yes, i think not having UK experience is a -ve point...But that is true for every country..Even in US they dont count Indian experience ,they only want US experience..
So you have to start at a lower level in UK then work your self up...I would take the first job and then keep looking for a better job as that would give me experience and also i can pay my bills..
Hope this helps
Ashish