ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Address proofs for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

my_user_name

Two Address proofs for ILR

Post by my_user_name » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi am collecting the documents for ILR. My son is over 16 and is required to submit two documents from the list .

If your child is 16 or older when you apply you’ll need to provide proof of where they live. Send 2 documents from this list:

bank statement
credit card bill
driving licence
NHS registration document
a letter from their current school, college or university, on headed paper and issued by an authorised official of that organisation

My question is - Are the bank statements from two banks considered two address proofs or only one?

Thanks,

tckraju
United Kingdom

Re: Two Address proofs for ILR

Post by tckraju » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Two different sources and hence two address proofs.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks tckraju. This helps alot.

Best Regards,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 am

Play safe, suggest send 3 proofs; (from different sources: insurance if one of them is discounted).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks all,

I have a follow up question. The requirement for the letter for address proof from the school says

"letter from your current school, college or university confirming your address. This must be on
official headed paper and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued
by an authorised official of that organisation."

I have the original letter on the letterhead of the school signed by the headteacher but it is not stamped.

Would this be a problem if not stamped? I have seen that other docs such as bank statement are fine as long as on the letterhead and not necessarily stamped.

Thanks,

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:53 pm

To add some more context, this statement is from the guidance. However, the main Set O requirements just says

a letter from their current school, college or university, on headed paper and issued by an authorised official of that organisation

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

Thanks,