ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help in switching to Tier 2 employer sponsored visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arun4query
Newly Registered

Need help in switching to Tier 2 employer sponsored visa

Post by arun4query » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:17 am

Hi I came to uk in 2008 (student visa) and switch to PSW in 2010 till 2012 and got tier 2 general employer sponsor visa and worked on it from 2012 till 2015 and moved to my wife's dependant visa from 2015 till now. Now my employer willing to sponsor me again.

So my questions are do i need to go back to india again to apply for tier 2 general.

Second question is have i served the cooling off period right - i am in my wife's dependant visa for 18 months now.

Third i had been on tier 2 general for 2 years 6 months before and now how much years will i get.

Any advice would be welcome

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help in switching to Tier 2 employer sponsored visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Q1 - Yes, you have to apply from home country. You cannot 'switch' to Tier 2 G in the UK.

Q2 - No

Q3 - Not sure but you can probably apply initially for 'up to 3 years'.

If you are working for the sponsor already, they better make sure that the full and proper RLMT process has been done to prove to HO with documentary evidence that you were not 'pre-selected' for the job and why no other British/EU or ILR person was suitable. Many refusals because of this 'pre-selected' aspect.

Why can you not stay working for on your Dependent visa?

You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arun4query
Newly Registered

Post by arun4query » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Thank you for your reply

So u say i dont need to serve cooling off period right

and from my bank statements they will clearly know that i was working for the sponsor before how can i make them knew that i was not preselected

i cant stay as dependant becoz my wife's sponsor company is not doing so good so i am afraid it may cancel it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Will probably be easier for your wife to find another sponsor. Curtailment, if things go wrong with sponsor, can take a few months.

Cooling off is 12 months, as you have been on a dependent visa for 18 months already, this no longer applies to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arun4query
Newly Registered

Post by arun4query » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 am

Thank you again for your reply. So the curtailment is 60 days from the date of termination of her work or she will receive a letter from UKBA regarding the date to leave the country.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:31 am

UKBA was abolished in 2013.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:39 am

arun4query wrote:Thank you again for your reply. So the curtailment is 60 days from the date of termination of her work or she will receive a letter from UKBA regarding the date to leave the country.
HO or UKVI will issue a curtailment letter. It is NOT from the date she leaves her employer. The letter can take a few months to get to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arun4query
Newly Registered

Post by arun4query » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi one more query if my current employer gonna sponsor me do i need to leave the job with him and join again as a new employer so i may again go under probation and other benefits been cut.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:43 pm

arun4query wrote:Hi one more query if my current employer gonna sponsor me do i need to leave the job with him and join again as a new employer so i may again go under probation and other benefits been cut.
No. But the full and proper RLMT process was done to prove you were not 'pre-selected' for the job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)